Lessons learned the first 50 years

Image
I hit a milestone. I turned 50 years old. I am thankful that I don't feel 50.   I am thankful for things God has taught me throughout those 50 years. .  I have learned that God loves mercy and when I feel a sense that justice needs to happen over mercy, all I need to do is remember that I am thankful for when God gives me mercy instead of a just punishment.   (Micah 6:8 8 He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.) ( Luke 6: 36  Be merciful, even as your Father is merciful. ) I have learned that hurt people end up hurting people.   When I am able to see that I didn't hurt them but I am bearing the results of that persons hurt inflicted by other people, it helps me forgive whatever hurt they pushed onto me and move on.  (Romans 12 : 18  If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. )  I have learned that anyone who thinks they have God

Linda Dillow -Part 3 Worship

 Psalm 89:15-16 (New American Standard Bible)


15How blessed are the people who know the [a](A)joyful sound!

O LORD, they walk in the (B)light of Your countenance.

16In (C)Your name they rejoice all the day,

And by Your righteousness they are exalted.

She spoke to us about worship. (Here is a painting I did of a lady worshipping her creator.  http://www.scripturepainting.com/). Linda Dillow taught us that worship is two things: 1. Worship is a specific act where I bow my knee to God and declare He is holy, holy, holy.  2. Worship is a lifestyle where I bow my life and live 'Holy, Holy, Holy' is the LORD.  

She spoke about the benefits to us to worship:
- We are able more often to rise above our cicumstances because we know who HE is, understand His holiness, compare to ourselves.
-We have joy unspeakable.
-Our prayer life flows.

Worship comes from an old English word worthship- It is to attribute worth to someone or something.

A.P. Gibbs said :  Prayer is when we are occupied with our needs.   Praise is when we are occupied with our blessings.  Worship is when we are occupied with God Himself. 

Worship consists of two things:
1. Loving God . (Deuteronomy 6:5 (New American Standard Bible)

You shall love the LORD your God (B)with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might.

2. Bowing to God. (The Hebrew word for worship is to fall prostrate). Psalm 95:6 (New American Standard Bible)Come, let us (A)worship and bow down, Let us (B)kneel before the LORD our (C)Maker.

She went on to tell how broken women, women that have overcome the most horrific abuse or circumstances, were ultimately healed ...largely through the worship of God as creator ...as Loving, Heavenly Father.  They see themselves as smaller than they did before...and God as larger than before.  They see God's love for them as GREATER than they did before.  They see  the good ....amidst the tears...good they couldn't see before.

Praying to live a life of worship,
Rachel
P.S. Linda Dillow's book, Calm My Anxious Heart: A Woman's Guide to Finding Contentment ,
 is a free Kindle download today at Amazon...  www.amazon.com



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why does God call us sheep?

Lessons learned the first 50 years

The call of Fellowship