Lessons learned the first 50 years

Image
I hit a milestone. I turned 50 years old. I am thankful that I don't feel 50.   I am thankful for things God has taught me throughout those 50 years. .  I have learned that God loves mercy and when I feel a sense that justice needs to happen over mercy, all I need to do is remember that I am thankful for when God gives me mercy instead of a just punishment.   (Micah 6:8 8 He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.) ( Luke 6: 36  Be merciful, even as your Father is merciful. ) I have learned that hurt people end up hurting people.   When I am able to see that I didn't hurt them but I am bearing the results of that persons hurt inflicted by other people, it helps me forgive whatever hurt they pushed onto me and move on.  (Romans 12 : 18  If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. )  I have learned that anyone who thinks they have God

Train up a child and when they are old... ..so when are they finally old?

Proverbs 22:6 (New King James Version) 6 Train up a child in the way he should go, And when he is old he will not depart from it.


So I have had the last week and 1/2 wondering..when, just when are they going to start staying on the path we have trained them up in? LOL.. As you know, my 7 year old (John-Michael) has a tumor by his spine and has a cyst inside his spinal cord. Dr. Boydston, his neurosurgeon, said surgery is very risky, so we are just watching it for now. He said, "No wrestling, no rough housing, no big roller coasters, etc". Well, I also have a crazy, impulsive, talkative, Russian-born daughter (who is just like me/ her mama)..and well, she did a crazy, impulsive thing last week and slapped John- Michael so hard on his back that it left marks on his back and him on the ground. She was playing tag, and impulsively… tagged him too hard. We have had the talk with Madeline ( my 10 year old daughter) and Noah (my 12 year old son) about the great need to be gentle with John-Michael. Putting it in action is difficult for them. Yesterday, John-Michael decided it would be a great idea to burp in Noah’s face during lunch and Noah…impulsively… pushed him down..onto the hard wood floors, onto an air vent).. John-Michael landed..you guessed it…on his back..right on that tumor. I was so mad, that I knew the best thing I could do was..send Noah to his room and call my husband to rescue both of us. LOL..

This morning, John-Michael told my daughter that he was going to pass gas on her…and closed her in a room with him… He obviously knows this is not ok behavior, but I understand it is little boy behavior. I talked to him and told him how disrespectful it was and made him go sit in the bathroom for a few minutes … that potty language/ behavior belongs there. Whew…I am tired ..already…so…when are they old?









Comments

  1. Unfortunately, like us, our kids are not perfect and are constantly being transformed into the image of Christ!

    I'm sorry your kids have "been kids" in ways that are dangerous for John-Michael. I hope you and your husband can come up with some good "ground rules" soon---and that the kids will follow them!

    Hang in there. You're not alone!

    ~Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the encouragement, Jennifer! You are right... None of us will be without sin until we are glorified.. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why does God call us sheep?

Lessons learned the first 50 years

The call of Fellowship