Lessons learned the first 50 years

Image
I hit a milestone. I turned 50 years old. I am thankful that I don't feel 50.   I am thankful for things God has taught me throughout those 50 years. .  I have learned that God loves mercy and when I feel a sense that justice needs to happen over mercy, all I need to do is remember that I am thankful for when God gives me mercy instead of a just punishment.   (Micah 6:8 8 He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.) ( Luke 6: 36  Be merciful, even as your Father is merciful. ) I have learned that hurt people end up hurting people.   When I am able to see that I didn't hurt them but I am bearing the results of that persons hurt inflicted by other people, it helps me forgive whatever hurt they pushed onto me and move on.  (Romans 12 : 18  If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. )  I have learned that anyone who thinks they have God

Be Still

Sometimes, God calls us to action and other times, He calls us to be still.  It can be difficult to know when to do which.  That's why we must stay in His word and in prayer.  If you always act, but don't rest or just be still, you burn out.  However, if you always rest and be still, you might miss opportunity to be His hands and feet, you might miss being ministered to.  You might miss  hearing His voice in those quiet moments.   Sometimes He just calls you to recharge.

Today, I got an update on Mr. Bluebird.  The vet taped and cleaned his broken wing.  Now, Mr. Bluebird must be still and give his wing time to heal.  Sometimes we feel broken by life's trials...or the trails God leads us down.  Sometimes we need time to be still and to heal,...so we will ..once again...be strong to fly,  to Glorify His Name!   Sometimes, if we don't give ourselves just time to sit at the feet of the Savior, we aren't strong enough for the next challenging situation.  So, if God is calling you to be Still,...please rest in the Shadow of His wing and be still.
Blessings,
Rachel

Psalm 17:8  Keep me as the apple of Your eye;Hide me under the shadow of Your wings.
Psalm 36:7 How precious is Your lovingkindness, O God!  Therefore the children of men put their trust under the shadow of Your wings.
Psalm 57:1 Be merciful to me, O God, be merciful to me!For my soul trusts in You; And in the shadow of Your wings I will make my refuge, Until these calamities have passed by.
Psalm 63:7 Because You have been my help,Therefore in the shadow of Your wings I will rejoice.



Psalm 4:3-5 But know that the LORD has set apart[a] for Himself him who is godly; The LORD will hear when I call to Him. Be angry, and do not sin.Meditate within your heart on your bed, and be still. Offer the sacrifices of righteousness, And put your trust in the LORD. Psalm 46:10 Be still, and know that I am God;I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why does God call us sheep?

Lessons learned the first 50 years

The call of Fellowship