Lessons learned the first 50 years

Image
I hit a milestone. I turned 50 years old. I am thankful that I don't feel 50.   I am thankful for things God has taught me throughout those 50 years. .  I have learned that God loves mercy and when I feel a sense that justice needs to happen over mercy, all I need to do is remember that I am thankful for when God gives me mercy instead of a just punishment.   (Micah 6:8 8 He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.) ( Luke 6: 36  Be merciful, even as your Father is merciful. ) I have learned that hurt people end up hurting people.   When I am able to see that I didn't hurt them but I am bearing the results of that persons hurt inflicted by other people, it helps me forgive whatever hurt they pushed onto me and move on.  (Romans 12 : 18  If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. )  I have learned that anyone who thinks they have God

Overwhelmed by His Grace

There are many things in my life I used to take credit for.  I used to take credit for earning three College degrees.  But, who gave  me the ability and drive to learn when no one told me I had to?

 Who gave me the desire to make good grades in High School so that I could get scholarships to attend college.
 I used to take credit for staying married to my high school sweet heart, but who made his heart dedicated to mine... three years later?  ...and now, who makes his heart dedicated to mine..25 years later?  And..on the other hand, who makes my heart dedicated to his heart?           

  I used to take credit for working hard at any task I was given ( i.e . being nominated Disney Teacher of the Year, Gwinnett Co. Teacher of the Year)..  But, who put that desire to succeed within me?

 I used to take credit for having a talent (sketching/ painting...without many classes).  But, who gave me that ability? 

Tonight, I feel overwhelmed with how good God has been to me.  Do I have problems in my life? Of course.  Do I feel things aren't fair sometimes?  Of course.  However, there is NO denying that God has poured His grace out upon my life.
Ephesians 1: 3-8  Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ. 4 For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love 5 he[b] predestined us for adoption to sonship[c] through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will— 6 to the praise of his glorious grace, which he has freely given us in the One he loves. 7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God’s grace 8 that he lavished on us. With all wisdom and understanding, 9 he[d] made known to us the mystery of his will according to his good pleasure, which he purposed in Christ, 10 to be put into effect when the times reach their fulfillment—to bring unity to all things in heaven and on earth under Christ.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why does God call us sheep?

Lessons learned the first 50 years

The call of Fellowship