Lessons learned the first 50 years

Image
I hit a milestone. I turned 50 years old. I am thankful that I don't feel 50.   I am thankful for things God has taught me throughout those 50 years. .  I have learned that God loves mercy and when I feel a sense that justice needs to happen over mercy, all I need to do is remember that I am thankful for when God gives me mercy instead of a just punishment.   (Micah 6:8 8 He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.) ( Luke 6: 36  Be merciful, even as your Father is merciful. ) I have learned that hurt people end up hurting people.   When I am able to see that I didn't hurt them but I am bearing the results of that persons hurt inflicted by other people, it helps me forgive whatever hurt they pushed onto me and move on.  (Romans 12 : 18  If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. )  I have learned that anyone who thinks they have God

Rayman Rabbids Cake- 1/2 Birthday celebration

At a certain age... I suppose 18 or so... half-birthdays are no longer as important to you as when you are young.  Right now, the kids love having their 1/2 birthdays celebrated.  We don't do much. We tell them "Happy half-birthday!"... and they are allowed to choose what we have for dinner (within reason... no  super expensive choices .. like crab legs or sushi).  And, they do get to have a  cake.   John-Michael is 8 1/2 today. I haven't had any of my children ask for a character-cake in quite some time...until last night.  We were out very late watching the laser light show at Stone Mountain Park.  A few hours before... John-Michael springs on me that he wants a Rayman Rabbids cake for his half-birthday.  Now, I have church in the morning and knew I wouldn't get home before midnight last night... not much time to figure our how to make that kind of cake.  So, like most things...I just went for it.   I bought Twinkies ...pretty sure the first Twinkies ,,,. that I have bought since I was 25 or younger.   Twinkies for ears, arms, and feet.  Fudge for eyes and mouth.. sprinkles for the pink details... and  TA DA... I have a Rabbids cake.  
 Supplies....

Feet and ears are placed..

I bulked up the ears with 1/2 Twinkie more.. appropriate with a 1/2 birthday cake..


Finished Rayman Rabbids rabbit... 

He will be happy with it... Any kid that loves jalapenos at 8 years old....can't have too many taste buds left. :)   So, do you celebrate 1/2 birthdays?

Comments

  1. Very creative cake. We don't celebrate the half Birthdays unless it's a winter Birthday and they wanted a summer pool party... as we will this summer for our 13 year-old.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did you make the cake the body the shape that it is?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used gluten free cake mix which is thicker than normal cake mix. It allowed me to pour the body shape I wanted and then bake it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why does God call us sheep?

Lessons learned the first 50 years

The call of Fellowship