Lessons learned the first 50 years

Image
I hit a milestone. I turned 50 years old. I am thankful that I don't feel 50.   I am thankful for things God has taught me throughout those 50 years. .  I have learned that God loves mercy and when I feel a sense that justice needs to happen over mercy, all I need to do is remember that I am thankful for when God gives me mercy instead of a just punishment.   (Micah 6:8 8 He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.) ( Luke 6: 36  Be merciful, even as your Father is merciful. ) I have learned that hurt people end up hurting people.   When I am able to see that I didn't hurt them but I am bearing the results of that persons hurt inflicted by other people, it helps me forgive whatever hurt they pushed onto me and move on.  (Romans 12 : 18  If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. )  I have learned that anyone who thinks they have God

Ups and Downs...

 

Look at these beauties in my yard.  Sunflowers, Texas star hibiscus, .. tomatoes, ..  The birds and I have really enjoyed them.  On the most solemn day, my joy grows when I look out the window. 

I just wish I could fix everything... fix people's meanness; fix people's lack of compassion for each other and God's creatures.  Fix people's lack of empathy.  Fix broken things.     I look for practical ways that  I can do that. Whether it is helping out at the horse farm, listening to my child tell of their feelings about the same subject that is stuck on their hearts, pulling weeds in my own heart..and in my own yard, etc. ..   My husband kept leaving the cabinet doors open to the computer desks because the computers were getting too hot.  The kids would often trip on the doors.. or swing on the doors. :)    So, I went to fixing them.  I enjoyed using a hammer to create a hole in the middle of the door, jig-sawed the middle out.. and added chicken wire to finish them out.  Now...plenty of ventilation. 


 



This is what I have left of my blue hair.  Manic Panic is a great product to give you about 2-3 weeks of fun color (purple, pink, blue).. as it slowly washes out.  I would like to keep it blue, but I have to get ready for the school year to begin..and I can't name any  other teachers with those kinds of colors in their hair..at my particular school..     I will have to just wait for the next long break (Thanksgiving or Christmas).  



The blue in my hair matches my mood this week… blue.   I have been sick hearing about the cruelty of men doing surprisingly-evil things to animals and children.   I don’t understand why this is allowed to occur.  I don’t understand  why people do XYZ…. (I started to write the evil things that I have seen this week..but I don’t want to give that a voice..just trust me, it is BAD!).   I don’t want to spend my energy on that, as that brings no glory to the LORD.  



On a good note,yesterday I had an acquaintance come up to me and thank me for my "faith trickling down.".. She went on to explain that I helped a friend we have in common..when this friend has some big issues...     And since I stuck with that friend when it wasn't easy or fun, that friend has now helped her in her  time of need while she wasn't being particularly easy to get along with and while she wasn't much  fun to be around.    I  thanked for for encouraging me and explained to her  that it was all God's goodness.  HE has had people minister to me in my time of need (and I still have them )... ..and oh, how he has taught me that HE is all that is good in me.  I am so glad HE has opened my eyes and given me a heart bent towards Him.    Those painful times He allows  in my life teach me to depend on Him more fully. 




2 Corinthians 6 (The Message version) 
1-10Companions as we are in this work with you, we beg you, please don't squander one bit of this marvelous life God has given us. God reminds us, 
   I heard your call in the nick of time; 
   The day you needed me, I was there to help.
Well, now is the right time to listen, the day to be helped. Don't put it off; don't frustrate God's work by showing up late, throwing a question mark over everything we're doing. Our work as God's servants gets validated—or not—in the details. People are watching us as we stay at our post, alertly, unswervingly . . . in hard times, tough times, bad times; when we're beaten up, jailed, and mobbed; working hard, working late, working without eating; with pure heart, clear head, steady hand; in gentleness, holiness, and honest love; when we're telling the truth, and when God's showing his power; when we're doing our best setting things right; when we're praised, and when we're blamed; slandered, and honored; true to our word, though distrusted; ignored by the world, but recognized by God; terrifically alive, though rumored to be dead; beaten within an inch of our lives, but refusing to die; immersed in tears, yet always filled with deep joy; living on handouts, yet enriching many; having nothing, having it all.

 11-13Dear, dear Corinthians, I can't tell you how much I long for you to enter this wide-open, spacious life. We didn't fence you in. The smallness you feel comes from within you. Your lives aren't small, but you're living them in a small way. I'm speaking as plainly as I can and with great affection. Open up your lives. Live openly and expansively!

2 Corinthians 6 English Standard Version (ESV)

Working together with him, then, we appeal to you not to receive the grace of God in vain. For he says,

“In a favorable time I listened to you,
    and in a day of salvation I have helped you.”
Behold, now is the favorable time; behold, now is the day of salvation. We put no 
obstacle in anyone's way, so that no fault may be found with our ministry, but as 
servants of God we commend ourselves in every way: by great endurance, in afflictions,
 hardships, calamities,  beatings, imprisonments, riots, labors, sleepless nights, hunger;
 by purity, knowledge, patience, kindness,the Holy Spirit, genuine love; by truthful speech, 
and the power of God; with the weapons of righteousness for the right hand and for the left; 
through honor and dishonor, through slander and praise. We are treated as impostors, and
 yet are true; as unknown, and yet well known; as dying, and behold, we live; as punished,
and yet not killed; 10  as sorrowful, yet always rejoicing; as poor, yet making many rich; as 
having nothing, yet possessing everything.
11 We have spoken freely to you,[a] Corinthians; our heart is wide open. 12 You are not restricted
 by us, but you are restricted in your own affections. 13  In return (I speak as to children) widen 
your hearts also.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why does God call us sheep?

Lessons learned the first 50 years

The call of Fellowship