Lessons learned the first 50 years

Image
I hit a milestone. I turned 50 years old. I am thankful that I don't feel 50.   I am thankful for things God has taught me throughout those 50 years. .  I have learned that God loves mercy and when I feel a sense that justice needs to happen over mercy, all I need to do is remember that I am thankful for when God gives me mercy instead of a just punishment.   (Micah 6:8 8 He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.) ( Luke 6: 36  Be merciful, even as your Father is merciful. ) I have learned that hurt people end up hurting people.   When I am able to see that I didn't hurt them but I am bearing the results of that persons hurt inflicted by other people, it helps me forgive whatever hurt they pushed onto me and move on.  (Romans 12 : 18  If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. )  I have learned that anyone who thinks they have God

Update on our sweet Olivie', our deaf Papillion poodle

http://inhonoroftheking.blogspot.com/2010/10/my-heart-is-stolen.html

In the above link, I introduced you to our sweet Olivie'.  We drove for 6 hours to go pick her up..what a sweet heart.   I had Lupe', a papillion- Chihuahua for 15 years.  She died from a collapsed trachea in August.  I knew I wanted another Papillion but  I knew "mixes" were the healthiest, so we got Olivie'.  We found out about her added surprise, her deafness, after we had her for about a week.   We were concerned about what we read about deaf dogs:  aggressive, untrainable, mean.   Nothing can be further from the truth.

We took her to puppy training through PetsMart and she was in the top of her class.

http://inhonoroftheking.blogspot.com/2011/01/bragging-rights.html

At the above post, you can watch a video of her doing some of what she knows.

But, there is one weird thing about her. She has a thing for socks.  She wants to carry one around.  She wants to sleep with them. She wants to "mouth them".   She usually is resting with a sock in her mouth..although my husband wishes she would really "put a sock in it", as she barks alot for a deaf dog.

Why does she play with socks so much? I think that she is pretending it is a bird.
Please do not think she has no toys to play with.
The basket just shows a few of her many toys.

Oh, well, I guess we are all weird about something.   http://inhonoroftheking.blogspot.com/2011/01/everybody-is-weird-about-something.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why does God call us sheep?

Lessons learned the first 50 years

The call of Fellowship