Lessons learned the first 50 years

Image
I hit a milestone. I turned 50 years old. I am thankful that I don't feel 50.   I am thankful for things God has taught me throughout those 50 years. .  I have learned that God loves mercy and when I feel a sense that justice needs to happen over mercy, all I need to do is remember that I am thankful for when God gives me mercy instead of a just punishment.   (Micah 6:8 8 He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.) ( Luke 6: 36  Be merciful, even as your Father is merciful. ) I have learned that hurt people end up hurting people.   When I am able to see that I didn't hurt them but I am bearing the results of that persons hurt inflicted by other people, it helps me forgive whatever hurt they pushed onto me and move on.  (Romans 12 : 18  If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. )  I have learned that anyone who thinks they have God

Everybody is weird about something...


If you knew me, really knew me, you would know that I don't have many things I don't share. I don't have hang ups that you won't like me, if I show you the REAL me. I think this is a gift, but others might hate that about me. I think it is a gift because I am not worried that I am not as good as so and so. I am not worried that I can't measure up to so and so. I am not worried that I am weirder than so and so. I am not worried that my life isn't as perfect as so and so. Do you know why? Because we all live in a fallen world...no one is perfect...no one is married to anyone that is perfect (sorry, Russ... :) ) ...and everyone is weird about something. Since I am NOT going to share how my husband or my friends are weird, I will give you a few samples of my own weirdness.
1. I sleep with a pillow under my head and on my stomach. I Used to sleep with 3 pillows...I think Russell is grateful that I am down to 2 pillows.
2. When I wake up my children, I sing "Good morning, Good Morning, Good morning to you".... drives them nuts.
3. I will hold a rat, a snake, a mouse, etc...but don't put me in the same room as a roach or a grasshopper.
4. In order to tell my children that I mean business, I will say "This room is full of knives and forks... " or "I will get you my pretty...and your little dog, too"....
5. I can't stand day-old bread or day-old milk. ...or anything that is close to its sell buy date...it is out.
6. Water in the sink with food in it..is worse than an unflushed toilet..that is soooo gross to me!
7. I bounce most of the time... my leg usually is bouncing up and down...can't help it...it is bouncing as I type.
8. I will take on any task even it is beyond my skills (ie putting in a pond, putting in a waterfall, cutting my kids' hair, etc)...
9. If it is sprinkling ...even just a little, the car's wipers must be on.
10. I talk to everybody... if you are a stranger, in an elevator, in a doctor's office, in the fast food line,...I am going to talk to you..
11. I am going to a sushi party tonight, but will not eat RAW fish... I just can't do it...
(Notice the finger in the photo of Russell and me...LOL...love that)..

Well, that's enough...you get the point. I know you are weird, too. ...even if you try to hide it. :)

Comments

  1. The weirdest to me is that you put up with and love me despite all of my quirks. (For example, the dishes in the dishwasher have to be largest to smallest, facing the same direction.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My blessing to have such a sweet man

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why does God call us sheep?

Lessons learned the first 50 years

The call of Fellowship