Lessons learned the first 50 years

Image
I hit a milestone. I turned 50 years old. I am thankful that I don't feel 50.   I am thankful for things God has taught me throughout those 50 years. .  I have learned that God loves mercy and when I feel a sense that justice needs to happen over mercy, all I need to do is remember that I am thankful for when God gives me mercy instead of a just punishment.   (Micah 6:8 8 He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.) ( Luke 6: 36  Be merciful, even as your Father is merciful. ) I have learned that hurt people end up hurting people.   When I am able to see that I didn't hurt them but I am bearing the results of that persons hurt inflicted by other people, it helps me forgive whatever hurt they pushed onto me and move on.  (Romans 12 : 18  If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. )  I have learned that anyone who thinks they have God

Into His Hands


John-Michael had his annual MRI's today. We just left the neurosurgeon's office, Dr. Bill Boydston. First the good news...the tumor by his spine has not grown at all! Also, his brain had no fibromas .. a few bright spots..but nothing of concern. Bad news...
http://depts.washington.edu/neurosur/chiari/s_prognosis.htm he has a cyst inside his spinal fluid. It is called syringomyelia. The surgeon said that if they need to....they will reevaluate in a year and at some point ..put in a shunt in a year. We continue to place John-Michael into God's hands... some days it is easy to do...some days, it isn't easy to do.

I am reading a book called Jesus Calling. I will leave you with today's page. "Try to view each day as an adventure carefully planned out by your Guide. Instead of staring into the day that is ahead of you, attempting to program it according to your will, be attentive to Me and to all I have prepared for you. Thank Me for this day of life, recognizing that it is a precious, unrepeatable gift. Trust that I am with you each moment, whether you sense My Presence or not. A thankful, trusting attitude helps you to see events in your life from My perspective. A life lived close to Me will never be dull or predictable. Expect each day to contain surprises! Resist your tendency to search for the easiest route through the day. Be wiling to follow wherever I lead. No matter how steep ore treacherous the path before you, the safest place to be is by My side."

Comments

  1. Praying for you and your sweet John-Michael. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad for the good news! We have been talking about you guys this weekend,your faith and your love! Such a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why does God call us sheep?

Lessons learned the first 50 years

The call of Fellowship