Lessons learned the first 50 years

Image
I hit a milestone. I turned 50 years old. I am thankful that I don't feel 50.   I am thankful for things God has taught me throughout those 50 years. .  I have learned that God loves mercy and when I feel a sense that justice needs to happen over mercy, all I need to do is remember that I am thankful for when God gives me mercy instead of a just punishment.   (Micah 6:8 8 He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.) ( Luke 6: 36  Be merciful, even as your Father is merciful. ) I have learned that hurt people end up hurting people.   When I am able to see that I didn't hurt them but I am bearing the results of that persons hurt inflicted by other people, it helps me forgive whatever hurt they pushed onto me and move on.  (Romans 12 : 18  If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. )  I have learned that anyone who thinks they have God

Know what He is saying... trying to obey

Do you ever clearly know what God is telling you to do, but your emotions say, "Lord, how am I going to do that?" Well, that's how I feel. I feel like God is saying that He will not leave me (or John-Michael)...He will not forsake me (or John-Michael). My emotions say...how do I know ??? .. My Spirit tells me ..When you are afraid, Trust in Him. The sin in me says trust in yourself... The spirit in me says God is my refuge and my strength...an ever present help in trouble. Therefore,do not fear. The sin in me says you can only get strength in yourself as God is causing the trouble... be afraid. I know spiritual maturity is having an active faith instead of doubt. I know spiritual maturity is having confidence instead of fear. I know spiritual maturity is evaluating feeling and experiences in the light of God's word and character instead of evaluating the situation according to my feelings. Pray that I can put what I KNOW in action. Pray this season passes quickly. Thank you....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why does God call us sheep?

Lessons learned the first 50 years

The call of Fellowship