Lessons learned the first 50 years

Image
I hit a milestone. I turned 50 years old. I am thankful that I don't feel 50.   I am thankful for things God has taught me throughout those 50 years. .  I have learned that God loves mercy and when I feel a sense that justice needs to happen over mercy, all I need to do is remember that I am thankful for when God gives me mercy instead of a just punishment.   (Micah 6:8 8 He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.) ( Luke 6: 36  Be merciful, even as your Father is merciful. ) I have learned that hurt people end up hurting people.   When I am able to see that I didn't hurt them but I am bearing the results of that persons hurt inflicted by other people, it helps me forgive whatever hurt they pushed onto me and move on.  (Romans 12 : 18  If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. )  I have learned that anyone who thinks they have God

Health Insurance Issues...

Health Insurance has become a necessary EVIL!  Since John-Michael's diagnoses 4 years ago, our health insurance has gone up 30% a year. In order to be able to afford private health insurance at all, we have a $5000 deductible (so we pay the first $5000 before they pay a penny)..and it still costs us about $1000 a month. 

John-Michael's surgeon, Dr. Williams, the only surgeon within 200 miles that does this kind of surgery and the ONLY child's surgeon with NF experience and a 50% success rate (all the others are 5% success rate, is our of our insurances network.  Since there is NO ONE ELSE who can do this surgery, we have to appeal to them to work out billing with Dr. Williams.  The anesthesiologist, the hospital, and nurses are all in network.  He is doing the surgery at a in network facility, Scottish Rite, but he is still NOT in network.  We can't even schedule the surgery until this is worked out.  Please pray it all is quickly resolved and John-Michael can have Dr. Williams de-bulk the plexiform fibroma by his spine.   

We will see Dr. Boydston today..to see if the cyst inside his spine is stable.  I will update asap. Thanks again for praying...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why does God call us sheep?

Lessons learned the first 50 years

The call of Fellowship