Lessons learned the first 50 years

Image
I hit a milestone. I turned 50 years old. I am thankful that I don't feel 50.   I am thankful for things God has taught me throughout those 50 years. .  I have learned that God loves mercy and when I feel a sense that justice needs to happen over mercy, all I need to do is remember that I am thankful for when God gives me mercy instead of a just punishment.   (Micah 6:8 8 He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.) ( Luke 6: 36  Be merciful, even as your Father is merciful. ) I have learned that hurt people end up hurting people.   When I am able to see that I didn't hurt them but I am bearing the results of that persons hurt inflicted by other people, it helps me forgive whatever hurt they pushed onto me and move on.  (Romans 12 : 18  If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. )  I have learned that anyone who thinks they have God

You just can't make this stuff up...creating meat from poop?

I don't like how our food supply has been genetically altered.  I don't think this is healthy for us.  I don't like how wheat flour is literally bleached..and people wonder why "white pasta" isn't good for you.   Do you know that most people in the United States  have been eating genetically engineered foods since the mid-1990s? More than 60 percent of all processed foods on U.S. supermarket shelves—including pizza, chips, cookies, ice cream, salad dressing, corn syrup, and baking powder—contain ingredients from engineered soybeans, corn, or canola.

In the past decade or so, the biotech plants that go into these processed foods have leaped from few to crops planted on a massive scale—on 130 million acres  in 13 countries, among them Argentina, Canada, China, South Africa, Australia, Germany, and Spain. On U.S. farmland, acreage planted with genetically engineered crops jumped nearly 25-fold from 3.6 million acres in 1996 to 88.2 million acres in 2001. More than 50 different "designer" crops have passed through a federal review process, and about a hundred more are undergoing field trials.   What about meat in the US?  Well, cows and pigs are feed horrible grade food and given growth hormone and other chemicals ..."to stretch the dollar".   You don't even know if you are getting fresh meat at the market.  Well, you might think you can spot older meat  by looking at it...but now a secret ingredient has been added to fool us..  -- butchers are  using carbon monoxide to keep meat looking red and fresh.   More problems:  Just over a decade after scientists cloned the first animal, the last major barrier to selling meat and milk from clones has fallen: The U.S. government has now  declared cloned animals safe to eat.      And now... scientist think it would be good for us to create food out of poop?  How long before the US thinks this is a great idea?  It all scares me  for me and for my children. I will stick to my backyard garden, thanks.  I have been a vegetarian for periods of my adult life...I can easily head back.

Japanese Scientists Create Meat From Poop

Published June 17, 2011
Anyone up for some poop burgers? Japanese scientist Mitsuyuki Ikeda from the Okayama Laboratory certainly doesn't believe in human waste. He thinks that's perfectly good protein you're sending out to sea, and he's found a way to extract it, mix it with steak sauce and create a fecal feast fit for a king. And despite the downside of having to add soya to bind it all together, Prof Ikeda thinks there's no reason why we shouldn't all tuck into his turd burgers. Why would he even think of it, you might ask? Because Tokyo Sewage asked him to. Tokyo is swimming in sewage mud, it seems, and there's only one way it can save itself and that's eat it. Prof Ikeda found the mud was loaded with protein due to the high bacteria content. Combine it with reaction enhancer and put it in a magical machine called an "exploder" and artificial steak comes out the other end.According to Digital Trends, it's 63 percent protein, 25 percent carbohydrates, 3 percent lipids and 9 percent minerals. It's colored red so you don't know it's poo. "Initial tests have people saying it even tastes like beef," Digital Trends reports. Prof Ikeda and his colleagues say it's the perfect solution for reducing waste and emissions from flatulent cows. Which is understandable, because if someone told you that Whopper you just ate was actually made from yesterday's leftover feces, you'd probably be too traumatized to masticate meat ever again. Of course, there's a hitch - besides the fact it's made from poo and soya. The cost of producing Prof Ikeda's stinky steaks at the moment is about "10 to 20 times" the price of carving it off a cow.Leave it to the fast food chains to work out the economics. You can't argue the mass production side of the equation is already sorted...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why does God call us sheep?

Lessons learned the first 50 years

The call of Fellowship