Lessons learned the first 50 years

Image
I hit a milestone. I turned 50 years old. I am thankful that I don't feel 50.   I am thankful for things God has taught me throughout those 50 years. .  I have learned that God loves mercy and when I feel a sense that justice needs to happen over mercy, all I need to do is remember that I am thankful for when God gives me mercy instead of a just punishment.   (Micah 6:8 8 He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.) ( Luke 6: 36  Be merciful, even as your Father is merciful. ) I have learned that hurt people end up hurting people.   When I am able to see that I didn't hurt them but I am bearing the results of that persons hurt inflicted by other people, it helps me forgive whatever hurt they pushed onto me and move on.  (Romans 12 : 18  If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. )  I have learned that anyone who thinks they have God

Why getting older is getting better...

I have been thinking about aging... I love the spunky natures of older ladies.  I love when older people tell you how they really feel ( without being mean...but not prettying it up either).  I love how older people do what they want to do without worrying about what others are going to think about it..or about them.   I love how older people do the things they really enjoy and stop doing the things that don't matter to them.   I love how interesting older faces are.   I love the stories that older people have to share.   Maybe the wrinkles and few aches and pains aren't so bad...

Now, a note for my children,...wisdom for as they age...   Turning 30 was hard for me.  I think I felt that once I turned 30, I had no excuse for childish mistakes..or for childish character flaws.   Turning 40 was hard for me.. because I felt I was falling apart.  I couldn't do as many things as I liked to do in a day and I lost some of my bouncy energy.  However, I love the things God has done for me in the 40 years.   He has been so faithful to keep chipping away at the ick.  I am so thankful that He never gives up on me.  I am so thankful for His abundant grace and try to give abundant grace to others.   I am so thankful for His uncompromising, unrelenting love..and try to have unrelenting love for others.  I am so thankful and  grateful for the  knowledge  he has given to me... of who I am in Him. 

I have peace through Him.  Romans 5:1-3
Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we[a] have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, 2 through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we[b] boast in the hope of the glory of God.

I am a living stone for His glory. 1 Peter 2       As you come to him, the living Stone —rejected by humans but chosen by God and precious to him— 5 you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house[a] to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.

He has granted me EYES that see.  Ephesians 1: 3...and keep a going... :)

Praise for Spiritual Blessings in Christ

3 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ. 4 For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love 5 he[b] predestined us for adoption to sonship[c] through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will— 6 to the praise of his glorious grace, which he has freely given us in the One he loves. 7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God’s grace 8 that he lavished on us. With all wisdom and understanding, 9 he[d] made known to us the mystery of his will according to his good pleasure, which he purposed in Christ, 10 to be put into effect when the times reach their fulfillment —to bring unity to all things in heaven and on earth under Christ.

11 In him we were also chosen,[e] having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will, 12 in order that we, who were the first to put our hope in Christ, might be for the praise of his glory. 13 And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, 14 who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God’s possession—to the praise of his glory.

So, getting older... it isn't so bad.     Happy 42 nd birthday to me!



Me at my 1st birthday...




                                  Me very close to  my 29th birthday...with Noah....

Comments

  1. You are aging well, and have a beautiful attitude towards it. You will always be beautiful because of who you are inside. Love you! Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Sweet photos! I love the little Birthday hat on you as a baby.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why does God call us sheep?

Lessons learned the first 50 years

The call of Fellowship