Lessons learned the first 50 years

Image
I hit a milestone. I turned 50 years old. I am thankful that I don't feel 50.   I am thankful for things God has taught me throughout those 50 years. .  I have learned that God loves mercy and when I feel a sense that justice needs to happen over mercy, all I need to do is remember that I am thankful for when God gives me mercy instead of a just punishment.   (Micah 6:8 8 He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.) ( Luke 6: 36  Be merciful, even as your Father is merciful. ) I have learned that hurt people end up hurting people.   When I am able to see that I didn't hurt them but I am bearing the results of that persons hurt inflicted by other people, it helps me forgive whatever hurt they pushed onto me and move on.  (Romans 12 : 18  If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. )  I have learned that anyone who thinks they have God

The making of a sheep

I haven't ever blogged my paintings in progress..until now . You can order my paintings at my website www.scripturepainting.com  or on Facebook at "scripture paintings by Rachel".  If you "like" my Facebook page, you can order a custom painting (your verse..your colors) for $10 off  the normal $50 price for an original acrylic painting on a gallery wrapped canvas.  (One offer per person).  Just tell me that you are on my Friends -list on my "scripture paintings by Rachel" when you make your order.
So..here is how I painted a sheep.. just finished today.  I decided not to put a verse on it, because I have so many favorite sheep verses.


Psalm 23: 1-4
The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.
2 He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,
3 he restores my soul.
He guides me in paths of righteousness
for his name’s sake. 

Psalm 79: 13
Then we your people, the sheep of your pasture,
will praise you forever;
from generation to generation
we will recount your praise.

Psalm 100:  2-4
Worship the Lord with gladness;
come before him with joyful songs.
3 Know that the Lord is God.
It is he who made us, and we are his[a];
we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.

4 Enter his gates with thanksgiving
and his courts with praise;
give thanks to him and praise his name. 


John 10 27 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand.  








Sheep...completed...  If you have even been to the Horse rescue with me and have seen the two sheep there, you know they aren't white. :)

Comments

  1. Very nice! I remember a friend telling me about the difference between a sheep herder and a shepherd. A sheep herder works because it is their job, but a shepherd has a personal investment in the sheep. How beautiful for God to personally care for us as His own and be glorified through that.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why does God call us sheep?

Lessons learned the first 50 years

The call of Fellowship