Lessons learned the first 50 years

Image
I hit a milestone. I turned 50 years old. I am thankful that I don't feel 50.   I am thankful for things God has taught me throughout those 50 years. .  I have learned that God loves mercy and when I feel a sense that justice needs to happen over mercy, all I need to do is remember that I am thankful for when God gives me mercy instead of a just punishment.   (Micah 6:8 8 He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.) ( Luke 6: 36  Be merciful, even as your Father is merciful. ) I have learned that hurt people end up hurting people.   When I am able to see that I didn't hurt them but I am bearing the results of that persons hurt inflicted by other people, it helps me forgive whatever hurt they pushed onto me and move on.  (Romans 12 : 18  If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. )  I have learned that anyone who thinks they have God

Never put to shame..

Does anyone else feel like our world is going crazy?  The last few days have been bad national news, bad local news, and bad personal news (not that I have been looking for any of it).  It all can make a person try to thing what is God doing? Is He sleeping?  Does He know?  Those are all old thoughts... that can sneak in there.  That's when I have to count my blessings, see what is real..not what might be... and get in His word.

I was talking to a friend that other day ..that God seems to have woven the theme of Trust into my life.  I haven't wanted to trust in anyone but me.  However, thought experience and God's gentle correction, I have learned to trust only in Him. I love how Psalm 25:3 says no one who's hope is in God is put to shame. I love how Psalm 37:25-26 says King David was young and now he is old and he had never seen the righteous forsaken. Those are the things that bring me comfort when I want to revert to old ways.

Philippians 2:14...Do everything without complaining. You know, complaining is like whistling for the devil. I don't want to let Satan steal my joy. When we choose to magnify the bad, it appears larger than it really is.   Who doesn't have problems?     However, when we choose to magnify God, we begin to get a clearer picture of reality. With confidence in God's goodness, we can approach life in a healthy balanced way that acknowledges the hearth aches and disappointments of life but still chooses to see God's redemptive power at work.  Look for His loving hand.  Have faith in HIS character.

So.. the daily.... playing at the Horse Farm... meeting new friends at my house... working in the garden... play dates with friends.. (chores ... least favorite laundry)...  painting....and just being with my family.  





Comments

  1. Hi Rachel! I happenned to see your comment when I visited my blog (after months!) My sweet husband got a tablet for me, and I haven't really learned how to post to my blog yet "/---I'll try, but life has been VERY busy! Expecting our 1st grandchild, second son getting married (at OUR place!!), and lots of other stuff. It's mostly good though, not complaining. I appreciate your post! Thanx for the reminder " )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! When I read your words, "Complaining is like whistling for the devil" I thought, "Interesting!" I've never looked at it that way.
    Love those verses! And the paintings are so lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why does God call us sheep?

Lessons learned the first 50 years

The call of Fellowship