Lessons learned the first 50 years

Image
I hit a milestone. I turned 50 years old. I am thankful that I don't feel 50.   I am thankful for things God has taught me throughout those 50 years. .  I have learned that God loves mercy and when I feel a sense that justice needs to happen over mercy, all I need to do is remember that I am thankful for when God gives me mercy instead of a just punishment.   (Micah 6:8 8 He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.) ( Luke 6: 36  Be merciful, even as your Father is merciful. ) I have learned that hurt people end up hurting people.   When I am able to see that I didn't hurt them but I am bearing the results of that persons hurt inflicted by other people, it helps me forgive whatever hurt they pushed onto me and move on.  (Romans 12 : 18  If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. )  I have learned that anyone who thinks they have God

IF you feel like you can't do something, how do you not give up?


Arthur Booreman is an American Veteran who severely injured his back and was told he would always have to use braces and two canes to walk.  He became depressed when the medical community gave him no hope.  He gained well over 100 lbs and his mobility ..as the doctors had told him.. continued to decline.  Watch this video.  In about 4 minutes, you get a great picture of how very, very difficult it was for him not to give up.  It shows him falling over and over again.  He could have moaned, "The experts say this is impossible... so why am I even trying."  But he didn't.  He fell over and over....but he got up...over and over.  Did he do the impossible? Watch and see.

There are so many things that I am NOT good at... but God has made me determined and I just don't give up easily, so I keep trying.     That character trait came from a whole lot of bad experiences that God  has allowed in my life, but the determination is a GREAT fruit from the trials.  

I can tell you that there is only one expert on you.... Your Heavenly Father.  Seek Him out only when you want to know what is really TRUE.     So what is your hard thing?  What thing have people told you that you can't tackle? Your marriage will never be healed?  Your child will never be healthy?  Your friendship will never be mended?   You will never fit back in that dress?  You will never be able to overcome that addiction?    What is your "never"?     Seek His face... God is hope and love.    Be encouraged...

1 Chronicles 16

10 Glory in his holy name;
let the hearts of those who seek the Lord rejoice.
11 Look to the Lord and his strength;
seek his face always.

Romans 5
5 Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we[a] have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, 2 through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we[b] rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. 3 Not only so, but we[c] also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; 4 perseverance, character; and character, hope. 5 And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.

6 You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly. 7 Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous man, though for a good man someone might possibly dare to die. 8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why does God call us sheep?

Lessons learned the first 50 years

The call of Fellowship