Lessons learned the first 50 years

Image
I hit a milestone. I turned 50 years old. I am thankful that I don't feel 50.   I am thankful for things God has taught me throughout those 50 years. .  I have learned that God loves mercy and when I feel a sense that justice needs to happen over mercy, all I need to do is remember that I am thankful for when God gives me mercy instead of a just punishment.   (Micah 6:8 8 He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.) ( Luke 6: 36  Be merciful, even as your Father is merciful. ) I have learned that hurt people end up hurting people.   When I am able to see that I didn't hurt them but I am bearing the results of that persons hurt inflicted by other people, it helps me forgive whatever hurt they pushed onto me and move on.  (Romans 12 : 18  If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. )  I have learned that anyone who thinks they have God

Trying to fill mom's pants... LOL...

Yesterday was Mother's Day and I felt well loved.  There were homemade cards, homemade earrings, and demands for me to sit down.  My sweet husband made me a gluten-free coconut cake which was ooooooh so good.  (Coconut is my favorite...yet the rest of my family strangely doesn't enjoy it).     He cooked breakfast, lunch and dinner!  What a blessing he is to me!  

After having the day completely off, I have to admit that it is hard to leave that Princess-for-a day time behind.  It is a little harder to not feel my blood pressure rise ..over normal kid stuff today.   Silly, huh?

Tim Hawkins, one of my favorite comedians, wrote a song about when he had to fill his wife's "shoes" for the day.  Here is the song he wrote.   (Lyrics below)...   Enjoy the laugh from me...and Tim Hawkins...  Off to go get my yoga pants...


My wife was out for three days to visit her mom,
I was supposed to cook and clean, while she was gone.
Somehow she never buckles under all the demands,
I had to know the secret, I had to understand.

Well, I thought it might be coffee but that gives her the shakes
It might be soap operas but she says they're too fake
It's not the car she drives or what she puts in her hair
I realize it's got to be something that she wears - yoga pants

She wears them all day
Yoga pants, at work and at play
Yoga pants, what's all the fuss
What makes them so special that they keep them from us?!?

Well any normal person would leave it alone
but I'm not a normal person and nobody was home
My wife was out of town and my kids were outside
I went into the bedroom and decided I would try! - yoga pants

So stretchy and thin!
Yoga pants, feels like my own skin!
Yoga pants, where you been all my life?!?
I've never done Yoga, but it's made me want to try!
Yoga pants, so soft and so sleek
Yoga pants, feels good on my cheeks!
Yoga pants, these are the best
If you're waiting for a video...don't hold your breath!

Comments

  1. I just saw him perform this song live two days ago. His live shows are like nothing I've ever seen, he is just so funny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so thankful that God tells us laughter is good for us.

      Proverbs 17:22 A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a broken spirit saps a person’s strength.

      Psalm 126:2-3 Then our mouths were filled with laughter and our tongues with joyful songs. Then the nations said, “The LORD has done spectacular things for them.” The LORD has done spectacular things for us. We are overjoyed.

      Job 8:21 He will once again fill your mouth with laughter and your lips with shouts of joy.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why does God call us sheep?

Lessons learned the first 50 years

The call of Fellowship