Lessons learned the first 50 years

Image
I hit a milestone. I turned 50 years old. I am thankful that I don't feel 50.   I am thankful for things God has taught me throughout those 50 years. .  I have learned that God loves mercy and when I feel a sense that justice needs to happen over mercy, all I need to do is remember that I am thankful for when God gives me mercy instead of a just punishment.   (Micah 6:8 8 He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.) ( Luke 6: 36  Be merciful, even as your Father is merciful. ) I have learned that hurt people end up hurting people.   When I am able to see that I didn't hurt them but I am bearing the results of that persons hurt inflicted by other people, it helps me forgive whatever hurt they pushed onto me and move on.  (Romans 12 : 18  If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. )  I have learned that anyone who thinks they have God

Romance...it is what women want!

Women want to feel loved. They need to feel loved by their husbands. Husbands want to feel respected....they need to feel respected by their wives. (That is another blog for another day). Romance is the key to showing your wife love.  Here lies the problem. Generally men have no idea what romance is. Men show their love through physical touch. If you haven't read this book, The Five Love languages.,... physical touch is just one love language, but often the only one that men know how to speak. You need to learn your spouses "love languages" . Then, once you know your spouse's love language...taking steps to speak that language. (The five love languages are Physical touch, gifts, acts of service, quality time, and words of affirmation) http://inhonoroftheking.blogspot.com/2011/03/doing-hard-thingsworking-fighting-for.html  (This blog entry has more about love languages)... Anyway, men assume that physical touch is how women receive love, yet they don't understand that women need more than just appreciative gropes and random comments to make them feel valued and loved.  What fuels love for women is to be emotionally acknowledged....aka romance!!!!    Find ways to show her. It is important that you do this if you want your relationship to work...if you want to be happy (happy wife/ happy life)... and if you want to have the blessing that wives are meant to be.     It is all too easy to become lazy and to take her love for granted. Don't take the easy way...especially with Valentine's Day coming..and just buy flowers and chocolate.    Mot that those things are bad, but women want to know you put in an effort, that you did something unique for her... That you show her that you value her by trying to express love,   in a way that took more than a 4 minute run into a store. Part of romance is listening.  Think back to when you courted her. If you listen to her during that time (even if you haven't listened lately)... you know what she likes. You know the secrets to making her look at you ..... like she did when you tried..

Just like a man doesn't want the receiving of respect to end, a woman doesn't want romance to end. I never tire of hearing "I Love you"   from my husband. Try putting a note in her pocket . There are many original ways to express your love. The important thing is that you do it regularly and that you don't take your relationship for granted.  A woman who is loved will respond with love....in YOUR love language.   Occasionally, make a Grand gestures... stepping out of your comfort zone;   you don't really like animals, but your wife loves them..... suck it up.    Surprise her...take her swimming with the dolphins (thank you, Russell)... You'll see that fire again if you do these things... Don't sit there whining that she's not as sexual any more... make her see you differently; re-light her fire. Yes, it's more work for you; but you can't expect her to be satisfied with you  while you are taking her for granted. You wouldn't be on cruise control.    Just because you are marriage doesn't mean you're off the hook ..and can stop trying. If you stop trying, she will, too. Then all you will do is complain that she doesn't care any more and doesn't respect you. Does that really make you happy? Try it my way... By God's grace,  by my sweet husband trying, and me trying equally as hard, we are best friends...and I am CRAZY about him... Ask any of my friends!~

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why does God call us sheep?

Lessons learned the first 50 years

The call of Fellowship