Lessons learned the first 50 years

Image
I hit a milestone. I turned 50 years old. I am thankful that I don't feel 50.   I am thankful for things God has taught me throughout those 50 years. .  I have learned that God loves mercy and when I feel a sense that justice needs to happen over mercy, all I need to do is remember that I am thankful for when God gives me mercy instead of a just punishment.   (Micah 6:8 8 He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.) ( Luke 6: 36  Be merciful, even as your Father is merciful. ) I have learned that hurt people end up hurting people.   When I am able to see that I didn't hurt them but I am bearing the results of that persons hurt inflicted by other people, it helps me forgive whatever hurt they pushed onto me and move on.  (Romans 12 : 18  If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. )  I have learned that anyone who thinks they have God

Feeding Trudy, an abused horse...

Trudy is a sweet Appaloosa mare. She was rescued by a veterinarian in
North Georgia in the mid 90’s. She's lived at the rescue facility since 1996.
Trudy’s history includes the most physical and mental abuse of any horse
on the farm. She was bound in barbed wire, then dragged behind a tractor.
Trudy has much fear of humans and deservedly so. Her safest place is
surrounded by horses, because she trusts them. She does not kick or
strike, even though she can easily get revenge for her horror and pain.
All she does is blow very loudly and hard through her nostrils and look for
a way to escape. Trudy will also tremble at her shoulders and arch her
neck as if to hold all of the fear in her neck muscles. It is heartbreaking to
be near Trudy and not be able to get her to understand that we will never
hurt her or let her be hurt again.
Trudy was lucky enough to be 'joined-up' with Monty Roberts when he was in Conyers, GA, a few years ago. It started out with Trudy trembling and fearful. He patiently waited for her to change her mind, and she finally put her nose on his shoulder. When that moment happened, women, as well as men, in the audience broke out in tears. It was emotional for everyone there and felt by everyone. Monty Roberts explained it this way...If you took a piece of paper, then folded it in half, ran your thumb down the fold, then opened the paper, it would have a cease in it. Rub your thumb down the crease...it will never be uncreased. It is deep into the paper now. Trudy's emotional wounds are too deep. We can offer kindness and give her understanding.
 
Today was my treat...as I was able to feed her!  Just 15 minutes or so of talking to her and telling her what a good girl she is.  I am inspired by her ability to trust humans again.   Truly amazing!
In other news,  Madeline ran over 3 miles with me!  I am so proud of her.  Of course the first half she tried to stay two feet ahead of me.  By the end, I was waiting on her, but she didn't give up!   Perhaps I have a new running partner.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why does God call us sheep?

Lessons learned the first 50 years

The call of Fellowship