Lessons learned the first 50 years

Image
I hit a milestone. I turned 50 years old. I am thankful that I don't feel 50.   I am thankful for things God has taught me throughout those 50 years. .  I have learned that God loves mercy and when I feel a sense that justice needs to happen over mercy, all I need to do is remember that I am thankful for when God gives me mercy instead of a just punishment.   (Micah 6:8 8 He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.) ( Luke 6: 36  Be merciful, even as your Father is merciful. ) I have learned that hurt people end up hurting people.   When I am able to see that I didn't hurt them but I am bearing the results of that persons hurt inflicted by other people, it helps me forgive whatever hurt they pushed onto me and move on.  (Romans 12 : 18  If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. )  I have learned that anyone who thinks they have God

Value?

Today, a young mom found out that her baby growing in her womb had died.  Some carelessly say cruel things... foolish things...   as if this baby somehow has less value because of his/her age.  Some would say that babies with genetic problems should be "terminated"... My sweet son, John-Michael, has NF- neurofibromatosis..  Some might say he is of lesser value than a child without genetic issues.  (You can read a little about him here)...  Anyone that has gotten to know him... knows in an instant he will have you wrapped around his little finger..he is quite smart and such a little ladies man...
http://inhonoroftheking.blogspot.com/2011/07/john-michaels-surgery-went-well.html#!/2011/07/john-michaels-surgery-went-well.html

But, WHO REALLY has no health issues?  My husband has bad knees and joints that swell.  My daughter is blind in her right eye.  My oldest son has Pityriasis lichenoides et varioliformis acuta (also known as "Acute guttate parapsoriasis,"  or PLEVA...  I have Thyroid issues..  No one in my family is "normal".  However,  my husband and I have 4 college degrees between us.  We love and help those God sends to us to help.  We try to be kind to all and show value to all regardless of what society says about that person's value.  We believe people have value because they are made in HIS image (they are image bearers of God).  We believe that animals have value because they are HIS special creation.   Value?  How do you show what is valuable?  Not in words...but in deed.  

Today we went to see the movie, War Horse... you can see the trailer here...
http://inhonoroftheking.blogspot.com/view/timeslide#!/2011/12/war-horsefor-respect-of-horses.html
Several characters saw value in Joey (the War Horse)...others did not...that ultimately was the theme of the movie.  Value!  Joey was most valuable to the ones that truly loved him.  GREAT movie!

James 1
22 Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. 23 Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like a man who looks at his face in a mirror 24 and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like. 25 But the man who looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues to do this, not forgetting what he has heard, but doing it—he will be blessed in what he does.
26 If anyone considers himself religious and yet does not keep a tight rein on his tongue, he deceives himself and his religion is worthless. 27 Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
James 2  14 What good is it, my brothers, if a man claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save him? 15 Suppose a brother or sister is without clothes and daily food. 16 If one of you says to him, “Go, I wish you well; keep warm and well fed,” but does nothing about his physical needs, what good is it? 17 In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.
18 But someone will say, “You have faith; I have deeds.”
Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by what I do. 19 You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder.
20 You foolish man, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless[d]?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why does God call us sheep?

Lessons learned the first 50 years

The call of Fellowship