Lessons learned the first 50 years

Image
I hit a milestone. I turned 50 years old. I am thankful that I don't feel 50.   I am thankful for things God has taught me throughout those 50 years. .  I have learned that God loves mercy and when I feel a sense that justice needs to happen over mercy, all I need to do is remember that I am thankful for when God gives me mercy instead of a just punishment.   (Micah 6:8 8 He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.) ( Luke 6: 36  Be merciful, even as your Father is merciful. ) I have learned that hurt people end up hurting people.   When I am able to see that I didn't hurt them but I am bearing the results of that persons hurt inflicted by other people, it helps me forgive whatever hurt they pushed onto me and move on.  (Romans 12 : 18  If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. )  I have learned that anyone who thinks they have God

Tim Tebow VS. Tom Brady

I grew up enjoying football with my dad.  I surprised my husband when we first met with my knowledge of football.  He would name a city..and I could tell him the matching Team name.   Easy ones like… Chicago/ Bears.  Green Bay, Packers…   Pittsburgh, Steelers.. and the harder ones…like Minnesota, Vikings.   St. Louis, Rams.  Anyway, since we live in Atlanta, we have always watched the Falcons (winning or losing, but winning is more fun).

Tomorrow, there is no Falcons game, but I am geared up to watch the New England Patriots battle the Denver Broncos.   If you haven’t followed football, you wouldn’t know that the Denver Broncos aren’t usually a winning team. …and as such, haven’t enjoyed much of a fan base.    All that has been changing with Tim Tebow as their quarter back.   Some find Tim Tebow terrible annoying because of his constant praise of the LORD and his pattern of not going  for half an hour without a mention of God or  some aspect of his Christian belief.  Being a believer myself, I am so proud of him for being a positive role model for kids and not bowing to peer pressure..or pressure to be less than what God has called him to be.  Some want to say his wins are flukes.  But it is a fact that   he arrives early in the morning and leaves long after most of his teammates have departed. Even in College, he was known for his hard work training, running plays, lifting weights and running springs.   . Now that he is in the NFL, his assiduousness is in improving his throwing  while also  studying  his opponents.   Surprisingly, the phrase most often attributed to him is  not a Christian phrase but ….., “Tell me how I can get better.”

Tom Brady, the quarterback for the Patriots has been talking smack about Tebow.  This isn’t surprising since some say their coach, Bill Belichick is an evil genius-coach..of sorts.   Tom Brady believes he will easily win over Tebow.   Coach John Fox, the Broncos coach, have time and time again had very close…victories.  Russell loves to cheer for the under dog..and I suppose..as much as I don’t like it…Tebow would be the underdog in the situation.   We shall see…. If you haven’t seen it… enjoy this SWEET autoTUne of a song about Tebow…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why does God call us sheep?

Lessons learned the first 50 years

The call of Fellowship