Lessons learned the first 50 years

Image
I hit a milestone. I turned 50 years old. I am thankful that I don't feel 50.   I am thankful for things God has taught me throughout those 50 years. .  I have learned that God loves mercy and when I feel a sense that justice needs to happen over mercy, all I need to do is remember that I am thankful for when God gives me mercy instead of a just punishment.   (Micah 6:8 8 He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.) ( Luke 6: 36  Be merciful, even as your Father is merciful. ) I have learned that hurt people end up hurting people.   When I am able to see that I didn't hurt them but I am bearing the results of that persons hurt inflicted by other people, it helps me forgive whatever hurt they pushed onto me and move on.  (Romans 12 : 18  If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. )  I have learned that anyone who thinks they have God

No news is good news...


"Everyone has heard about your obedience, so I am full of joy over you; but I want you to be wise about what is good, and innocent about what is evil. The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet. The grace of our Lord Jesus be with you" ( Romans 16:19-20 )

God never intended for us to know about evil. In the beginning, God created everything in the universe.  Viewing his creation, He called it good. Then, Eve was deceived by Satan.  Satan used her curiosity about evil (being “like God”) to trick her into thinking she would be better off if she knew what evil was. Mankind has paid the price ever since.. When they ate of the forbidden tree, their eyes were open to the knowledge of good and evil.  Never were we all at peace again.   So, in Romans,  Paul  gives us theological knowledge needed for the Christian life as well as practical advice for living the Christ-cantered life.  We are to be wise about what is good, and innocent about what is evil. He is saying the best defense against sin and corruption is a good offense. We are to be wise and knowledgeable about what is good. Meaning we should know good and live that way. In the same way we are to be innocent to the  evil in the word. In other words, we should stay away from it, having nothing to do with it.

  
The next question we should ask is what is the good that we should be thinking on? Paul said in Colossians, "
Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God" ( Colossians 3:1-3 ). As we think on eternal, good things, the results will be an overflow in the way we live our lives.

  For me, I feel that I should not watch the daily news.  I do not believe this is the way everyone should live.  I get the news “filtered” through my husband.  He tells me the important things that need to be known.  There are cruel parents, cruel strangers ..who do cruel things.  Sometimes believers think they need to know about daily news so that they know how to pray for  the hurting people in the world.  The specifics don’t  need to be known by me.  I already know that there are many hurting people who need to be prayed for.  God knows who they are....specifically.  We don’t have to know the specifics of evil to pray for the hurting people around the world.   Something to think about.....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why does God call us sheep?

Lessons learned the first 50 years

The call of Fellowship