Lessons learned the first 50 years

Image
I hit a milestone. I turned 50 years old. I am thankful that I don't feel 50.   I am thankful for things God has taught me throughout those 50 years. .  I have learned that God loves mercy and when I feel a sense that justice needs to happen over mercy, all I need to do is remember that I am thankful for when God gives me mercy instead of a just punishment.   (Micah 6:8 8 He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.) ( Luke 6: 36  Be merciful, even as your Father is merciful. ) I have learned that hurt people end up hurting people.   When I am able to see that I didn't hurt them but I am bearing the results of that persons hurt inflicted by other people, it helps me forgive whatever hurt they pushed onto me and move on.  (Romans 12 : 18  If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. )  I have learned that anyone who thinks they have God

How do you celebrate the New Year?

 I am not sure whose idea it was..but somehow when I was 16 and dating Russell  (my husband of 22 years)...we thought it would be a great idea to go to a restaurant with the Kim and Clay (who were dating as teens..and married for 20+ years) to celebrate the New Year...  I think when we finished college and had a little more money, we decided to splurge and go eat at a Fondue restaurant. We dined on Fondue at various restaurants  for quite a few years until we both had our first children....only 2 weeks apart in age.  Then, it was just too difficult to have a long meal like fondue with little infants so we invested in our own fondue set and researched recipes for the three kinds of fondue we still make today. 1. Cheese Fondue, 2. Meat Fondue, and  3. chocolate Fondue...  Here are a few photos taken on some of these New Year's Eve nights... Their house..our house...their house..our house..etc....


 


Posted by Picasa
                                                  Mustard Sauce for Meat Fondue
1/2 cup Sour cream, 1 tbsp dijon mustard, 1 tbsp regular mustard, juice from 1/2 lemon, 1 tsp sugar, salt and pepper
Mix all ingredients. Add salt and pepper to taste. Keep refrigerated if prepared ahead of time.
Serve.  Note: Sour cream can be substituted with mayonnaise.

                                     Sweet and Sour Sauce for Meat Fondue

Ingredients      1 3/4 cups water or chicken stock , 1 cup brown sugar, packed, or honey     1 cup cider vinegar , Juice of 1 lemon   2 scallions, minced  1/4 cup catsup    2 tablespoons dry sherry    2 tablespoons soy sauce   2 tablespoons cornstarch    1/4 cup cold water

Combine water, brown sugar, vinegar, lemon juice, scallions, catsup, sherry and soy sauce in a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch with water. Add to sauce and stir until liquid clears and thickens. Serve hot. Store covered in refrigerator. Serve with poultry, pork, fish or vegetables.

Teriyaki Sauce for Fondue

What you'll need:
- 1/2 cup canned bouillon     - 3 Tbsp soy sauce       - 2 Tbsp fresh or bottled lemon juice
- 2 tsp dry sherry               - 2 tsp honey                 - 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
Here's all you do. Combine all the ingredients and heat it to boiling. The beauty of this recipe is that you can serve it cold or warm, so if you are running out of time, make it ahead of time and refrigerate until you need it! Easy!
 Cheese fondue with beer

Ingredients:

1 lb. sharp cheddar cheese, shredded ,    1 tbsp. flour ,      1 1/2 tsp. dry mustard , Dash cayenne (or add a dash of hot sauce to the melted mixture) , 3/4 c. beer ,   2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce

In bowl, combine cheese, flour, mustard and ground cayenne; mix to blend well. In fondue pot, combine beer and Worcestershire sauce. Set temperature at 375° and heat until bubbling. Gradually add cheese mixture and stir constantly until cheese melts and mixture is smooth, about 5 minutes. Reduce temperature to 200° and serve with crusty bread cubes or other dippers.
Happy New Year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why does God call us sheep?

Lessons learned the first 50 years

The call of Fellowship