Lessons learned the first 50 years

Image
I hit a milestone. I turned 50 years old. I am thankful that I don't feel 50.   I am thankful for things God has taught me throughout those 50 years. .  I have learned that God loves mercy and when I feel a sense that justice needs to happen over mercy, all I need to do is remember that I am thankful for when God gives me mercy instead of a just punishment.   (Micah 6:8 8 He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.) ( Luke 6: 36  Be merciful, even as your Father is merciful. ) I have learned that hurt people end up hurting people.   When I am able to see that I didn't hurt them but I am bearing the results of that persons hurt inflicted by other people, it helps me forgive whatever hurt they pushed onto me and move on.  (Romans 12 : 18  If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. )  I have learned that anyone who thinks they have God

Why are there so many Cynical people in the world today?

Why are there so many cynical people?  Fear?   Cynical people are guarded people. They assume the worse of people so they don't have to be vulnerable and possibly be hurt, again..... .  You have to be very BRAVE not to be cynical. ... because people are going to disappoint you, hurt you, lie to you... not cynical..just truth.  So, what do we do?  We try to give grace and love where we can...as we go about our day to day lives.     We look at the truth... ALL people are just trying to do the best with what they have..with what they know.  Everyone is looking to heal their own hurts/ disappointments... with alcohol, drugs, Internet escapes... over working... or maybe in the only healing way... getting healing in the LORD.  When you get this, it makes it a little easier to put yourself out there for others.  Today, I had to take my dog for a check -up... and I noticed an elderly man in the waiting room...holding his orange tabby cat who had an i.v. coming out of its paw.  I asked him about his cat and he told me his cat had been at the hospital for 5 days with liver failure.  He talked to and  stroked that cat for 5 minutes of so... Then, I noticed that the cat wasn't looking so good.  The vet tech came out and took his cat away from him.  The man  started to cry.  He stood up and cried and paced as he waited for the vet tech to come out.  There were 4 or 5 other people in the room... we all looked at each other.  We were all obviously animal lovers (we are at the vets spending money on our pets)... yet no one moved towards him.  I put my hand on his shoulder and told him I was so glad he was able to comfort his cat...  About that time, the tech came back and said the cat had died.  He cried even harder.   That's when I had a choice. Do I look around..and feel bad... or do I try to comfort this stranger?   How is he going to react?   1. He  might think I am a nut and get mad.   OR 2.  He might be thankful and might be comforted a bit..even if it is small.    So, I ask him if I can hug him..and  he nods yes.... and he cries... and he cried.  and I cry... I tell him about Lupe' and how much a miss her ( go back to Sept. 2011 posts and you can read when she passed away).  I try not to talk much... just let him cry.  The vet tech gets a tissue box... and they bring me my dog out.  If you think of this man, pray for him.  It does hurt when we loose our love ones... even if they have 4 legs.



This is a good-old Southern gospel song... love the music.. love the words.  Only HE can help us NOT let the evil take its toll....


Can you hear the people sing
To their god to their God…whole

Shut your ears if you can’t hear
So you don’t, so you don’t
Hear this clanging cymbal
Banging gong, banging gong
Whole…make me whole

Shut your eyes if you can’t see
So you don’t, so you don’t
See that I am holding
Holding on, holding on
Crying whole… make me whole

Jesus, make me whole
So I don’t, so I don’t
Let the evil take its toll
So I don’t, so I don’t
Put your love into my soul
Lift me up, lift me up
Make me whole

Hear the people sing to their God, to their God
Hear the people sing to their God, God, God
God, God sing… to their god, God

Now, we can't all be huggers.. I get that... but, we can all show people we care.. we can be TOUGH for the LORD, even though it might cost us humiliation or pain at times.  Other times, we get to be His hands and Feet... That's reward enough..

 
Now the body is not made up of one part but of many. If the foot should say, “Because I am not a hand, I do not belong to the body,” it would not for that reason cease to be part of the body. And if the ear should say, “Because I am not an eye, I do not belong to the body,” it would not for that reason cease to be part of the body. If the whole body were an eye, where would the sense of hearing be? If the whole body were an ear, where would the sense of smell be? But in fact God has arranged the parts in the body, every one of them, just as he wanted them to be. If they were all one part, where would the body be? As it is, there are many parts, but one body.
The eye cannot say to the hand, “I don’t need you!” And the head cannot say to the feet, “I don’t need you!” On the contrary, those parts of the body that seem to be weaker are indispensable, and the parts that we think are less honorable we treat with special honor. And the parts that are unpresentable are treated with special modesty, while our presentable parts need no special treatment. But God has combined the members of the body and has given greater honor to the parts that lacked it, so that there should be no division in the body, but that its parts should have equal concern for each other. If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it.
Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it. (1 Corinthians 12:14-27)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why does God call us sheep?

Lessons learned the first 50 years

The call of Fellowship