Lessons learned the first 50 years

Image
I hit a milestone. I turned 50 years old. I am thankful that I don't feel 50.   I am thankful for things God has taught me throughout those 50 years. .  I have learned that God loves mercy and when I feel a sense that justice needs to happen over mercy, all I need to do is remember that I am thankful for when God gives me mercy instead of a just punishment.   (Micah 6:8 8 He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.) ( Luke 6: 36  Be merciful, even as your Father is merciful. ) I have learned that hurt people end up hurting people.   When I am able to see that I didn't hurt them but I am bearing the results of that persons hurt inflicted by other people, it helps me forgive whatever hurt they pushed onto me and move on.  (Romans 12 : 18  If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. )  I have learned that anyone who thinks they have God

Message through a bird...

So you might wonder, what is the big deal about this bird?  Well, besides birds with albinism being very rare..as they usually don't make it to adulthood... it is even more uncommon for them to find a mate.  She has both, adulthood and a mate....  Here she is ...building her nest in my backyard...right outside my kitchen window.   I think she has so touched me because 1.  Even though she is different from a "normal" robin..I think she is BEAUTIFUL... 2.  She isn't suppose to have a "normal" mate..and she does.    She is a picture..a reminder or my son John-Michael.  He, too, as a genetic disorder, neurofibromatosis...and I try not to dwell on it, but I wonder if he will have a problem finding a wife... will it be more difficult for him or will some woman see him as handsome and kind?   So, she represents hope to me.  It is one of the pains of a mother.  We all want our children to have the best...to have even better than we have.  We want them to have the American Dream.  I suppose it boils down to   TRUST and Patience.  Trust... because I Have to trust in HIS plan... God's plan for choosing this path for John-Michael.   Patience... because I am not going to see how things turn out for at least 10 or more years.  (His health..and what his adulthood will look like).  This is hard. 
 James 5: 7 Therefore be patient, brothers, until the coming of the Lord. Behold, the farmer waits for the precious fruit of the soil, being patient concerning it until it receives the early and late rains. 8 You also be patient. Strengthen your hearts, because the coming of the Lord is near. 9 Brothers, do not complain against one another, in order that you may not be judged. Behold, the judge stands before the doors! 10 Brothers, take as an example of perseverance and endurance the prophets who spoke in the name of the Lord. 11 Behold, we consider blessed those who have endured. You have heard about the patient endurance of Job, and you saw the outcome from the Lord, that the Lord is compassionate and merciful.
Patience is hard because we worry that God won't be compassionate (disbelief in His word ..that HE is)... Patience is hard because our culture says, "Why wait?"  I have learned that no matter how much you want to... you can't rush God.   God gave me a great picture of this... I was trying to convince Alieve', a race horse at the rescue, that she needed to come with me to the barn.  I pulled on her halter... I tugged... I begged... I bribed with a bucket of sweet feed.. There was NO moving her..until she was good and ready.  God's the same way.  Why does He do this?  Well, He is the boss..we shouldn't demand anything of Him or TRY to move him... It is us trying to be the boss.   Also, He has us wait because wants to develop our spiritual biceps.  He wants us to be strong so that once we do receive whatever we are waiting on...we don't lose our blessing by becoming self-reliant, prideful, arrogant, etc...       What if we don't get what we want?  What if it never comes?  That's when we have to remember He is good..even if the circumstances aren't.   We have to remember Jonah 4:2- God is gracious and merciful, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love....  Psalm 103: 8-12  The LORD is compassionate and gracious,
slow to anger, abounding in love.
9 He will not always accuse,
nor will he harbor his anger forever;
10 he does not treat us as our sins deserve
or repay us according to our iniquities.
11 For as high as the heavens are above the earth,
so great is his love for those who fear him;
12 as far as the east is from the west,
so far has he removed our transgressions from us.
13 As a father has compassion on his children,
so the LORD has compassion on those who fear him;
14 for he knows how we are formed,
he remembers that we are dust.








Her "normal " mate
Her mate..guarding her as she builds the nest
Posted by PicasaSo...I am very thankful for the hope found in this beautifully, different bird.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why does God call us sheep?

Lessons learned the first 50 years

The call of Fellowship