Lessons learned the first 50 years

Image
I hit a milestone. I turned 50 years old. I am thankful that I don't feel 50.   I am thankful for things God has taught me throughout those 50 years. .  I have learned that God loves mercy and when I feel a sense that justice needs to happen over mercy, all I need to do is remember that I am thankful for when God gives me mercy instead of a just punishment.   (Micah 6:8 8 He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.) ( Luke 6: 36  Be merciful, even as your Father is merciful. ) I have learned that hurt people end up hurting people.   When I am able to see that I didn't hurt them but I am bearing the results of that persons hurt inflicted by other people, it helps me forgive whatever hurt they pushed onto me and move on.  (Romans 12 : 18  If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. )  I have learned that anyone who thinks they have God

Happy 1/2 birthday and other stuff....

We celebrate each child's half-birthday by letting them choose what they want to have for dinner.  Noah is now 13 and 1/2.  He didn't fail to choose his favorite: chicken enchiladas, nachos, and refried beans.   My how time flies.... how is he closer to 14 than 13?    He still thinks that when I am kissing his daddy.....that it is just to torture him ...LOL...





So..when I kiss his dad....  he still does this...








Not sure if ..or when...that will change....  :)  In other news, Madeline ran 3  miles with me...





She has enough fight that she tried to stay a foot in front of me for the first mile and 1/2....  She couldn't quite stay a head of me the 2nd part..  She has yet to learn about pacing herself.  However, I don't think I ran 3 miles before the age of 12!   I think running would be great for her.... to burn extra energy...  We have been regulars at the horse rescue.   We learned that two escape miniature donkeys are harder to put back in a paddock than a horse is.   Stubborn little things. LOL...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why does God call us sheep?

Lessons learned the first 50 years

The call of Fellowship