Lessons learned the first 50 years

Image
I hit a milestone. I turned 50 years old. I am thankful that I don't feel 50.   I am thankful for things God has taught me throughout those 50 years. .  I have learned that God loves mercy and when I feel a sense that justice needs to happen over mercy, all I need to do is remember that I am thankful for when God gives me mercy instead of a just punishment.   (Micah 6:8 8 He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.) ( Luke 6: 36  Be merciful, even as your Father is merciful. ) I have learned that hurt people end up hurting people.   When I am able to see that I didn't hurt them but I am bearing the results of that persons hurt inflicted by other people, it helps me forgive whatever hurt they pushed onto me and move on.  (Romans 12 : 18  If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. )  I have learned that anyone who thinks they have God

You just have to laugh...

I am glad that God gave us laughter. Think of proverbs 31 ...yes, that woman. LOL... She is the woman we all try to be. Proverbs 31:25 says, "She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come". I strive to be that woman. I don't ignore my circumstances. I do not hide my head in the sand and pretend that I do not have problems. However, I do KNOW who holds my problems and HE is trust worthy. I try to stop monitoring God's actions in my life, and trying to orchestrate things I can't control to be different, and stop striving for my junior-God pin, as if He needs my help. :) I feel free when I accept that God has me in His hands and I stop struggling to do something different than what He has planned. A few years ago one of my friends (you know who you are) called me to free a mocking bird that had gotten stuck in a mouse-glue trap in her garage. I do not know how long this mocking bird had struggled but this is not a small bird and could have pecked me and deterred me from helping it. Surprisingly, he didn't. I gently picked him and the trap up and began to sprinkle enough "Goo off" on him to get him free . When he was free from the trap, I thought, " what now?" I was holding him firmly but not so firmly to break his hollow bones. I just wanted to help him. I didn't know if he would try to peck my eyes out when I let him go...he might have thought I was the one that caused him to be stuck in the first place. I gently opened my hands and waited. In just a flash, he flew into a near by tree and began to prune himself. He was fine and I was relieved. The story would have been much different...alot longer..and possibly bloodier..(maybe for both of us)...if he hadn't let me help him. I have been that fighting mocking bird before...just hurt myself...and maybe a few innocent people around me. I try to laugh to lighten my load. I think that ....just as parents delight in the laughter of their children, our Heavenly Father must love to hear us laugh, too! Proverbs 17:22 says A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.
It is a choice! It is a lot of work to be miserable. Choose to trust...choose to have joy...choose to laugh and rest in His hands.
so....a joke to help you laugh.... One Sunday sermon- "Dear Lord," the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven, "Without you, we are but dust..." We would have continued to listen... if our daughter who was listening had not ....leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little girl voice, "Mom, what is butt dust?"



Comments

  1. Oh my goodness...butt dust! I am laughing so hard - hilarious!! Love the picture of you two!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why does God call us sheep?

Lessons learned the first 50 years

The call of Fellowship