Lessons learned the first 50 years

Image
I hit a milestone. I turned 50 years old. I am thankful that I don't feel 50.   I am thankful for things God has taught me throughout those 50 years. .  I have learned that God loves mercy and when I feel a sense that justice needs to happen over mercy, all I need to do is remember that I am thankful for when God gives me mercy instead of a just punishment.   (Micah 6:8 8 He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.) ( Luke 6: 36  Be merciful, even as your Father is merciful. ) I have learned that hurt people end up hurting people.   When I am able to see that I didn't hurt them but I am bearing the results of that persons hurt inflicted by other people, it helps me forgive whatever hurt they pushed onto me and move on.  (Romans 12 : 18  If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. )  I have learned that anyone who thinks they have God

Hello to my Cyber Friends....


I have been blogging for a couple of years...mostly for my own sanity. It helps me deal with the drama of raising and homeschooling 3 kids. It helps me have a place to "dump" my emotions ..other than on poor Russell Pate. It helps me process the hard things: hurt feelings, my son's neurofibromatosis, broken promises, my trust issues, etc. It is good for me to get it out. Today, I looked... I saw I had cyber friends from Slovenia, Canada, India, China, Taiwan, Netherlands, Russia (I have been in Moscow and Krasnoyarsk...truly beautiful), the British Virgin Islands, United Kingdom, and Germany. It is so cool to know you are out there. I pray that my story can some way help you to have a better day, be more grounded in your faith, or just laugh!

So..back to every day things. I teach at Veritas Classical School. The children attend school one day a week and are homeschooled 4 days a week. It is a Classical school...no non-sense...High expectations...Higher level thinking. My children attend the school and it has been a great fit for our family. That being said...I am looking forward to May when school is out..so I can get a FUN hair color. I have had gray hair since I was 19. ..one of those genetic things. ..so I have been coloring my hair, just as long. Yesterday, I had my hair colored and highlighted. I had just changed my hair color to red in December, but I just have too much gray to pull it off. So...like many ladies my age...I have to go gray...or go blonde! You can see which I did. However, in May, I am adding Blue highlights to the end (just for the summer...in case any Veritas leaders are reading)..LOL.... I think it will make me smile...maybe make others smile! Some of you might think a 40 year old is already a blue haired old lady...so why not?

I am off to paint...to pick up our 6 month old puppy that just got spayed...and ...all the other 100 things that are waiting...

Comments

  1. Love that photo - you're so pretty! And you're so much fun - can't wait to see the blue highlights! :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why does God call us sheep?

Lessons learned the first 50 years

The call of Fellowship