Lessons learned the first 50 years

Image
I hit a milestone. I turned 50 years old. I am thankful that I don't feel 50.   I am thankful for things God has taught me throughout those 50 years. .  I have learned that God loves mercy and when I feel a sense that justice needs to happen over mercy, all I need to do is remember that I am thankful for when God gives me mercy instead of a just punishment.   (Micah 6:8 8 He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.) ( Luke 6: 36  Be merciful, even as your Father is merciful. ) I have learned that hurt people end up hurting people.   When I am able to see that I didn't hurt them but I am bearing the results of that persons hurt inflicted by other people, it helps me forgive whatever hurt they pushed onto me and move on.  (Romans 12 : 18  If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. )  I have learned that anyone who thinks they have God

For Valentine's Day


I have two bits of news to share. First, my dear friend, Kathy...a mom of 7(5 adopted/ 2 biological)... got an amazing call a few days ago. First, let me say..that her 6 year old daughter has been praying for a baby sister. Kathy told her that the only way she was getting a baby sister is if God plopped one in their laps. That is pretty much what has happened. Her phone rang.....A 2 year old little girl who has come from a bad situation... needs a home immediately and a private adoption is going to happen. So...for the cost of lawyer fees (around $5,000)...they will have a new sister! Since it has been around a year that they got back from 6 months of living in Guatemala, they really need help with those fees. If any of you can donate anything, even $10, please do to my website www.scripturepainting.com and go to the donate button on the front page. Kathy and John are homeschooling parents... they love the LORD...and wish to honor him.

The second bit of news is...I received this email...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

You have been selected as one of our Valentine Vows couples!

The Valentine Vow ceremony will take place on Saturday, February 12 at

Mount Pisgah United Methodist Church Doors open at 5:00pm

Ceremony begins promptly at 5:30pm Reception ends at 7:30

There will be a light reception featuring cake by Orna’s Cakes.

As a bonus of having your Vow’s renewed, there will be several prizes from Air Tran, David Douglas Diamonds, Provident Label Group, and many more!

You must be present to win, and when you check in at the ceremony, you will be registered to win these prizes.

Josh Wilson will be our official wedding singer, and will be performing a special private concert just for our winners following the ceremony, and you will also be able to meet Josh during the reception!

The official attire for the evening is dressy casual, however, feel free to dress as nice as you want. This is a special day for you and your spouse, so make it memorable.

I had applied...online...to a contest at our local Christian radio station to "renew our vows"..but this looked like spam..so I sent this response back...
Is this real or is this pretend? It looks like spam. I am hoping it is real...but want to make certain.
Thank you,

This is what I got back:
This is not spam, it is real. You were really chosen!! We sent the email out in mass quantity, so sorry for any alerts or it getting caught in your spam folder!

So...Saturday...I get to...after 21 years..vow to God..that I will love and Cherish my man... all over again! :)

Comments

  1. Wow! What a blessing to your friend! And for $5000!!! Amazing! I have friends who are raising astronomical sums of money to adopt a girl from Russia.

    And CONGRATS on the vow ceremony - what a special way to celebrate Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you sweet Rachel for telling our story. Kathleen, this is a private adoption but we know all too well about the expensive adoptions. Our last adoption took 2 1/2 years and was from Guatemala...the final bill, over $40,000.

    Congrats on your vow ceremony, Russell is blessed to have you as his life mate!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why does God call us sheep?

Lessons learned the first 50 years

The call of Fellowship