Lessons learned the first 50 years

Image
I hit a milestone. I turned 50 years old. I am thankful that I don't feel 50.   I am thankful for things God has taught me throughout those 50 years. .  I have learned that God loves mercy and when I feel a sense that justice needs to happen over mercy, all I need to do is remember that I am thankful for when God gives me mercy instead of a just punishment.   (Micah 6:8 8 He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.) ( Luke 6: 36  Be merciful, even as your Father is merciful. ) I have learned that hurt people end up hurting people.   When I am able to see that I didn't hurt them but I am bearing the results of that persons hurt inflicted by other people, it helps me forgive whatever hurt they pushed onto me and move on.  (Romans 12 : 18  If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. )  I have learned that anyone who thinks they have God

Juicing- Day 1... Now I know why it is called juicing...

Well, here is breakfast..in the sink..before I juiced it.. Apple, carrot, Kale, spinach, ginger...

Here it is ..juiced up.. Yep, looks like it tastes.  Just leave your lawn bag out in the rain for  5-6 days... that gives you a good idea.  Did NOT enjoy that..



 Here is mid morning juice.. blueberries, pineapple, cucumber, pear, apple... much better..

  Here is lunch.. sweet potato, orange, carrot, apple... pretty good... Two of my friends are wiser than me or more stupid than me..LOL.. don't know yet.. They are juicing all day.  I am juicing all meals..except dinner.  I am eating raw or nearly raw veggies..no grains, no meat..nothing else..just veggies.  So far...feel super sleepy.. I think this is the norm until day 4..  Only doing this thing for 10 days.. Hay..I mean Hey.. . .. LOL...I can do anything for 10 days...
Posted by Picasa

Comments

  1. I can't believe the irony! The house we are staying in this week are juicing too. They are on day 20 and have been through a lot of ups and downs but overall really happy they chose to do it.
    Thanks for commenting on the blog!
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rachel, just curious what got you started on the juicing? I was just talking to my niece about juicing but have never tried it. I don't even really like to drink regular/store bought juice so I am so impressed that you are sticking to this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeanne, I have had excema for nearly two years...raw, bleeding, itchy..annoying. I saw the documentary called "Fat,Sick and Nearly Dead"...it was amazing... funny..and informative... You can watch it on Netflix! Check it out... juice in the store is MUCH different the fresh.. Even my kids like it! You can watch the trailer here http://inhonoroftheking.blogspot.com/2011/07/fat-sick-and-nearly-dead.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why does God call us sheep?

Lessons learned the first 50 years

The call of Fellowship