Lessons learned the first 50 years

Image
I hit a milestone. I turned 50 years old. I am thankful that I don't feel 50.   I am thankful for things God has taught me throughout those 50 years. .  I have learned that God loves mercy and when I feel a sense that justice needs to happen over mercy, all I need to do is remember that I am thankful for when God gives me mercy instead of a just punishment.   (Micah 6:8 8 He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.) ( Luke 6: 36  Be merciful, even as your Father is merciful. ) I have learned that hurt people end up hurting people.   When I am able to see that I didn't hurt them but I am bearing the results of that persons hurt inflicted by other people, it helps me forgive whatever hurt they pushed onto me and move on.  (Romans 12 : 18  If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. )  I have learned that anyone who thinks they have God

The Armor of God by Shirer - Part 1

For this school year, I have hosted a women's Bible study using the guide, The Armor of God, by Priscilla Shirer. She was the lead actress in War Room, the movie that was out recently.
Our enemy is real, but He has been disarmed (Col 2:15).  He has been overruled (Eph 1:20- 22).  He has been mastered (Phil 2: 9-11).  He has been rendered powerless (Heb 2:14).  All His hard work will be destroyed (1 John 3:8)
The devil wishes to distract us, discourage us, divide us and disable us. 
So start today and pray... 



There are so many truth she points out, and as the weeks go on, I will post about them.
 She starts by showing that Ephesians 6 declares we have a real enemy, and it isn't other Christians (we have to stop attacking each others.. let the hand be a hand, head be a head, etc, as we are all the body of Christ... another blog for another day).
Ephesians 6: 10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might. 11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil. 12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places. 13 Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand firm.

But, we have to be aware that he still schemes against us and can cause trouble  as Ephesians 6 tells us.  So what is the remedy? Put on the FULL arm of God... which is prayer, reminding ourselves of the gospel (Sandles of peace), reminding ourselves who we are in Christ (Breastplate of righteousness/ which guards our heart), read His word (The Sword), take every through captive as we ask ourselves is this truth, does it line up with God's word (Belt of truth), shield of faith (not wavering on who He is and what He says will come to pass, even if you don't see it today), and your identity in Christ because of your salvation, for we are chosen,   adopted, lavished with grace, and redeemed, (the Helmet of salvation). 


So we must Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. Resist him, firm in your faith, knowing that the same kinds of suffering are being experienced by your brotherhood throughout the world.  (1 Peter 5)
We must be proactive in prayer and ready with our full spiritual armor, so we can detect the devils plans before he is able to attack. Then we can sabotage his efforts. 

Ephesians 6: 18 praying at all times in the Spirit, with all prayer and supplication. To that end keep alert with all perseverance, making supplication for all the saints.

Off to pray and read His word..... the day is too hard without it. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why does God call us sheep?

Lessons learned the first 50 years

The call of Fellowship