Lessons learned the first 50 years

Image
I hit a milestone. I turned 50 years old. I am thankful that I don't feel 50.   I am thankful for things God has taught me throughout those 50 years. .  I have learned that God loves mercy and when I feel a sense that justice needs to happen over mercy, all I need to do is remember that I am thankful for when God gives me mercy instead of a just punishment.   (Micah 6:8 8 He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.) ( Luke 6: 36  Be merciful, even as your Father is merciful. ) I have learned that hurt people end up hurting people.   When I am able to see that I didn't hurt them but I am bearing the results of that persons hurt inflicted by other people, it helps me forgive whatever hurt they pushed onto me and move on.  (Romans 12 : 18  If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. )  I have learned that anyone who thinks they have God

What's been happening?

No big news.  The kids go back to school next week. We have spent a great deal of time at the horse rescue.    Jackson, a blue eyed, black-white painted Stallion, is one of the newbies to arrive.  He is BEAUTIFUL.. I will try to post a photo tomorrow.  Eeyore is a new pony to arrive.   Luna is an all white pony that arrived last week.  I think her name is short for Lunatic because she usually has her ears pinned down and has charged a few people.  Patch is a new horse to arrive...his buddy is Eeyore.  The only really sad case is Honey Bun.   Her owners were divorcing and the husband seems to have been starving the horse to get back at his wife.   Honey Bun is still terribly thin, but eating..putting on a little weight at a time.   I learned about Hope... you hope that Hope doesn't hurt you because she is an Arabian horse... lots of fight and anxiety.   Her, not me... although I have my fair share of anxiety around her. LOl...   Russ is taking the youngest child out on a special daddy/ son lunch and a movie..  Burgers and the Adventures of Tin Tin. ...   ..... So today we are hoping to a  bake birthday cake   (John-Michael's birthday is tomorrow), go help feed the horses at the horse rescue, go running, and make home-made gluten free pizza today... so I guess I better get off this computer...   Here is one thing you need to be aware of...LOL... enjoy...
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why does God call us sheep?

Lessons learned the first 50 years

The call of Fellowship