Lessons learned the first 50 years

Image
I hit a milestone. I turned 50 years old. I am thankful that I don't feel 50.   I am thankful for things God has taught me throughout those 50 years. .  I have learned that God loves mercy and when I feel a sense that justice needs to happen over mercy, all I need to do is remember that I am thankful for when God gives me mercy instead of a just punishment.   (Micah 6:8 8 He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.) ( Luke 6: 36  Be merciful, even as your Father is merciful. ) I have learned that hurt people end up hurting people.   When I am able to see that I didn't hurt them but I am bearing the results of that persons hurt inflicted by other people, it helps me forgive whatever hurt they pushed onto me and move on.  (Romans 12 : 18  If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. )  I have learned that anyone who thinks they have God

about Schnoodles...

It looks like I am choking him..lol..but I am just trying to get him to say "cheese"
One of my friends, who will go unnamed (smile)..., bought chickens and guinea fowl..and THEN, got two bird dogs.  You can imagine that her feathered friends didn't last long. We are suppose to research the kind of pet we want..to match our desires and needs.  I did not do this well myself 8 years ago...

So, 8 years ago we bought home a schnoodle ..it sounds like some weird Chinese dish, but it is actually a 22 lb pound mousing machine.  Dirk, our schnoodle, is a schnauzer -poodle.  He is super friendly and great with the kids.   He doesn't shed. He is great for kids with allergies.. Bonus.. He is small but not too small...., however... he likes to kill furry things... EVEN CUTE furry things.  In the last few years, I have taken a couple of chipmunks to Dr. Orr (our local vet) so he could sew them back up.  I have also requested that my husband bury a few that weren't as fortunate and had already met their maker.  Dirk just messes up the peace and quiet in my backyard.  He has also caught a few wild birds, but none have been harmed to the point of death...that I know of.    A few days ago, he killed one chipmunk and brought it to our back deck..like he was some rebellious teen...gloating in how bad he had been.  Well, he sometimes runs a mile with me.  Today... to get some of the hunting instinct out of that 8 1/2 year old dog, I ran him 3 miles ..that including running up a large hill.  I hope that teaches him a thing or two..  At least bury the evidence..   The kids love him..and when he isn't killing furry things, well..I kind of love him, too.  If you want to know more about schnoodles, go to     http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/schnoodle.htm

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why does God call us sheep?

Lessons learned the first 50 years

The call of Fellowship