Lessons learned the first 50 years

Image
I hit a milestone. I turned 50 years old. I am thankful that I don't feel 50.   I am thankful for things God has taught me throughout those 50 years. .  I have learned that God loves mercy and when I feel a sense that justice needs to happen over mercy, all I need to do is remember that I am thankful for when God gives me mercy instead of a just punishment.   (Micah 6:8 8 He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.) ( Luke 6: 36  Be merciful, even as your Father is merciful. ) I have learned that hurt people end up hurting people.   When I am able to see that I didn't hurt them but I am bearing the results of that persons hurt inflicted by other people, it helps me forgive whatever hurt they pushed onto me and move on.  (Romans 12 : 18  If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. )  I have learned that anyone who thinks they have God

Mommy, what is this little blue pill I found in the bathroom?


"Mommy, what is this little blue pill I found in the bathroom?", my six year old son said. I KNEW my husband wasn't on anything . ..LOL.... I instantly remembered that I had given Dirk, our 8 year old snoodle, a blue pill...for his allergies and ear infection. You see, Dirk gets raging ear infections and skin infections each spring and fall. Apparently, poodles and schnauzers, both are proned to both types of infections. Noah, my 12 year old, accurately described Dirk's ear, when he said, "Mom, it looks like a ear wax ball exploded all over his ear". Anyway, it is painful , for both of us. I have to put drops in his ears each day. I have to figure out how to hide a pill and get him to eat it....without him spitting it out (which is where I failed today). I thought, "Dirk, if only you knew that the 10 seconds or less it takes to take the pill, which you sooooo obviously dread, will keep you from having pain for months. It will keep your skin and ears infection free....just go ahead and take the pill." I felt God speak to me and say, how many people do you know that won't "take the pill"? Well, myself. I don't like going through hard moments even though it will change things eternally ...for the better. When Russell and I fight, if I just take 3 seconds.....3 little teeny, tiny seconds, ..painful seconds...seconds that I DON'T want to do...., and just say "I am sorry, the pain , the fight, is over. We talk. We heal and things are so much better. On the days, I don't say I am sorry,....on the Days, I pout and swim in self pity, the pain lingers so much longer. I think of my kids. Why do they fight me when I ask them to do chores? Why do they fight me when I am trying to teach them? Why do they fight me when I try to correct poor behavior? If they knew that "little blue pill" is doing them a life-time of good. If only my friends, would trust God's hand and take the "little blue pill" and let God heal their relationships. The medicine isn't fun going down, but ohhhhhhh the results make it worth it.

2 Corinthians 4:17 For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why does God call us sheep?

Lessons learned the first 50 years

The call of Fellowship