Lessons learned the first 50 years

Image
I hit a milestone. I turned 50 years old. I am thankful that I don't feel 50.   I am thankful for things God has taught me throughout those 50 years. .  I have learned that God loves mercy and when I feel a sense that justice needs to happen over mercy, all I need to do is remember that I am thankful for when God gives me mercy instead of a just punishment.   (Micah 6:8 8 He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.) ( Luke 6: 36  Be merciful, even as your Father is merciful. ) I have learned that hurt people end up hurting people.   When I am able to see that I didn't hurt them but I am bearing the results of that persons hurt inflicted by other people, it helps me forgive whatever hurt they pushed onto me and move on.  (Romans 12 : 18  If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. )  I have learned that anyone who thinks they have God

He Knows

I am so thankful that God knows everything (1 John 3:20), especially since I do not. 
Psalm 139: 1-3 tells me : 
O Lord, you have psearched me and known me!   You qknow when I sit down and when I rise up;  you rdiscern my thoughts from afar.  You search out my path and my lying down  and are acquainted with all my ways. 
It is reassuraring to know that he is Omniscient, knows everything. His Eyes run everywhere. 
13From heaven the LORD looks down and sees all mankind; 14from his dwelling place he watches all who live on earth- 15he who forms the hearts of all, who considers everything they do. .Psalm 33: 13-15
He knows everything about everybody all the time.

His knowledge is perfect. He never errs, never changes, never overlooks anything. “Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in His sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of Him with whom we have to do” (Hebrews 4:13).” 

Daily, I have to remind myself of who He is and of His love for me.  Sometimes, He shouts this reminder to me.   One such time happened this week.
17 years ago we brought home our daughter from a Siberian orphanage.  While in Krasnoyarsk, we bought her a stone that is only found in Siberia. We decided then to give it to her on her 18th birthday....which was this past week. 
We didn't know her when we adopted her.  We had only received photos, but had not seen her in person, until we had adopted her.  We had faiith that she was our daughter... and God was faithful.  We didn't know that as a teen she would have headaches and anxiety, but God did.  Read below and you will understand my story of my God who sees.
The note I gave to Madeline with her necklace:
The queen was lonely and knew God had her daughter somewhere, but despite her best efforts, she didn’t know where. The Queen had to wait to learn of the princess’s location; what a difficult time.  Finally, the LORD sent word that the princess was in an icy stronghold and the King and Queen must travel to free the young princess and bring her home.  After flying over the seas, the King and Queen arrived and demanded the princess be freed to come to her rightful home.   After two weeks, they succeeded… the princess was freed,  … with them at last.
Now, the princess is 18 and will soon have her own kingdom.  The queen and king bought a precious stone while in the Icy land they had freed her from.  Now, she is ready to have it…. Wearing it as she grows in strength, wisdom, and favor with the LORD.    So, she  is now charged to take the gem and remember the love the Queen and King have for her, and to diligently  seek the LORD over all, for over 17 years ago, The LORD knew what the princess needed.    The princess is dearly loved.   Princess, choose wisely as you forge your own kingdom.

GemLORE
·        These stones were thought to ward off evil spirits. Mongolian families would boil the stone in their tea during festival days to strengthen and protect their family members.
·        Siberian charoite is a 'stone of transformation and power' because it transforms negative emotions and anxiety into a sense of happiness and positive emotions.     God can use whatever HE wants….  Use this as a reminder  to take every thought captive unto Christ.
·        Charoite is a stone of spirituality and enhanced creativity. It brings new ideas to a situation.
·        This gemstone promotes courage, bolstering your inner strength just when you need it.
·        Charoite is a connection stone that provides emotional healing for those who suffer from loneliness. It also provides support for caretakers and adoptive family members.
·        Charoite speeds up healing for ailments affecting the liver, heart, eyes, nerves and more. It is thought to be especially effective against headaches and migraines.
Siberia
Charoite can only be found in snowy Siberia, making it a rare find and difficult to procure. The mine is located in the Sakha Republic region of Russia, in the foothills of the Murun Mountains. Russia is famous for its deposits of rare and exotic gems such as alexandrite, demantoid garnet and Siberian charoite.


x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why does God call us sheep?

Lessons learned the first 50 years

The call of Fellowship