Lessons learned the first 50 years

Image
I hit a milestone. I turned 50 years old. I am thankful that I don't feel 50.   I am thankful for things God has taught me throughout those 50 years. .  I have learned that God loves mercy and when I feel a sense that justice needs to happen over mercy, all I need to do is remember that I am thankful for when God gives me mercy instead of a just punishment.   (Micah 6:8 8 He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.) ( Luke 6: 36  Be merciful, even as your Father is merciful. ) I have learned that hurt people end up hurting people.   When I am able to see that I didn't hurt them but I am bearing the results of that persons hurt inflicted by other people, it helps me forgive whatever hurt they pushed onto me and move on.  (Romans 12 : 18  If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. )  I have learned that anyone who thinks they have God

Who do you say God is?

Matthew 25:  14-30    14 (A)“For (B)it will be like a man (C)going on a journey, who called his servants[a] and entrusted to them his property. 15 To one he gave five (D)talents,[b] to another two, to another one, (E)to each according to his ability. Then he (F)went away. 16 He who had received the five talents went at once and traded with them, and he made five talents more. 17 So also he who had the two talents made two talents more. 18 But he who had received the one talent went and (G)dug in the ground and hid his master's money. 19 Now (H)after a long time the master of those servants came and (I)settled accounts with them. 20 And he who had received the five talents came forward, bringing five talents more, saying, ‘Master, you delivered to me five talents; here, I have made five talents more.’ 21 His master said to him, ‘Well done, good and (J)faithful servant.[c] (K)You have been faithful over a little; (L)I will set you over much. Enter into (M)the joy of your master.’ 22 And he also who had the two talents came forward, saying, ‘Master, you delivered to me two talents; here, I have made two talents more.’ 23 His master said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant. You have been faithful over a little; I will set you over much. Enter into the joy of your master.’ 24 He also who had received the one talent came forward, saying, ‘Master, I knew you to be (N)a hard man, reaping (O)where you did not sow, and gathering where you scattered no seed, 25 so I was afraid, and I went and hid your talent in the ground. Here, (P)you have what is yours.’ 26 But his master answered him, ‘You (Q)wicked and (R)slothful servant! You knew that I reap where I have not sown and gather where I scattered no seed? 27 Then you ought to have invested my money with the bankers, and at my coming I should have received what was my own with interest. 28 So take the talent from him and give it to him who has the ten talents. 29 (S)For to everyone who has will more be given, and he will have an abundance. But from the one who has not, even what he has will be taken away. 30 And (T)cast (U)the worthless servant into the outer darkness. In that place (V)there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’



 This is a parable one can study and learn new things each time it is reread.  A talent in the parable was a gold coin.  We know this talent refers to stewardship of all that God places in our lives monetarily, physically, spiritually. Each of us has been entrusted with time and materials, as well as strengths (literal talent). Everything  in our world belongs to God and He allows us to use it. We are responsible  to use all He has put at our disposal to honor Him and grow His kingdom. As Christians, we have additionally the most valuable resource of all – the Word of God. If we believe and understand Him, and apply His Word as good stewards, we are a blessing to others and the value of what we do multiplies. We are accountable to the Lord for the use of His resources.


So, when things we call bad happen, do we blame God? Do we say God is not really good? Or do we say God is good, but not good to me?  We are falling into the devil's trap.  God says over and over in His word that He is abounding in love.... He has more than enough for you and for me.   

But you, Lord, are a compassionate and gracious. Godslow to anger,

 abounding in love and   faithfulness.




Rend your heart and not your garments. Return to the Lord your God, for he is gracious and compassionateslow to anger and abounding in loveand he relents from sending calamity.


He prayed to the Lord, “Isn’t this what I said, Lord, when I was still at home? That is what I tried to forestall by fleeing to Tarshish. I knew that you are a gracious and compassionate Godslow to anger  and  abounding in love, a God who relents from sending calamity.

And he passed in front of Moses, proclaiming, “The Lord, the Lord, the compassionate and gracious Godslow to angerabounding in love and faithfulness, 


They refused to listen and failed to remember the miracles you performed among them. They became stiff-necked and in their rebellion appointed a leader in order to return to their slavery. But you are a forgiving Godgracious and compassionateslow to anger and abounding in love. Therefore you did not desert them,

HE is faithful to you....always describe Him in a faithful way. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why does God call us sheep?

Lessons learned the first 50 years

The call of Fellowship