Lessons learned the first 50 years

Image
I hit a milestone. I turned 50 years old. I am thankful that I don't feel 50.   I am thankful for things God has taught me throughout those 50 years. .  I have learned that God loves mercy and when I feel a sense that justice needs to happen over mercy, all I need to do is remember that I am thankful for when God gives me mercy instead of a just punishment.   (Micah 6:8 8 He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.) ( Luke 6: 36  Be merciful, even as your Father is merciful. ) I have learned that hurt people end up hurting people.   When I am able to see that I didn't hurt them but I am bearing the results of that persons hurt inflicted by other people, it helps me forgive whatever hurt they pushed onto me and move on.  (Romans 12 : 18  If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. )  I have learned that anyone who thinks they have God

Transitions

Turning 40 was hard for me.  Not because I think 40 is "Old"... but it was a transition.  I had the sneaking feeling that I had to be error free, as errors were for those under 40. LOL...       Now, another transition.   I have been a teacher off and on  (public school and private school) for the last 23 years.    Two days ago was my last day as a paid teacher.   My youngest child has dyslexia and dysgraphia ...and needs me to be his full time teacher, which means I can't leave to teach other children.  A transition.  A new calling.


My 2nd class  as a public school teacher..  my first class was 1991- 1992 at Tinsley Elementary, Bibb. co., GA


My last class as a teacher   (2013-2014   1st and 2nd grade combo) 
I hope there will be more time for painting.   I have been a paid artist for 15 years and the more I have time to paint...the easier it is for me.  Here are a couple I finished this week.

Beauty Cow on wood


Lion of Judah on wood..

There are constant ups and downs, just like everyone else.  We put a hammock in Madeline's room and another hammock in Noah's room.  

Why?  I want our home to be a peaceful, secure, quiet resting place... just like mentioned in Isaiah 32: 18.  The teenage years aren't the easiest to accomplish that.. for the teen or the parent. :)     



The youngest two are continuing to enjoy riding and caring for horses.

I love seeing my garden in full bloom.

Russell had this deck extended so it overlooks our pond and waterfall.  It has two bench swings on it.... great conversation spot.   Come sit with us some time...


There are other things that have been going on for the last few months... but they are  just too painful to ever blog....  but My God is always faithful... He always sustains me...and He reminds me that His arm is NOT too short to ransom me. His strength  is NOT too small to rescue me.



My high school-aged son has had many papers for me to proof this school year.  One of my first questions I ask him before proofing his paper is, "Does this have to be in MLA format?"  My Mother's Day letter from him reflects that... :)   Those funny moments help get through the hard times.
Blessings to you and your families.  ...whatever you are walking through....










Comments

  1. You are a great mom! Noah's sweet letter is a reflection of that. Hammocks in the room…FUN!!!
    Those Scriptures are comforting through hard times, pressing us on to stand firm in hard circumstances.
    Thank you for sharing them!
    One of my favorite Psalms to turn to when circumstances are strenuous is Psalm 37. It is as if my Heavenly Dad is counseling me with what I need to do; such instruction with words encouraging our hearts to
    Trust
    Delight
    Commit
    Rest
    Cease from anger
    Wait
    And then tucked within the chapter are the verses, "The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; for the Lord upholds him with his hand." (23-24)

    As His child we are safe and secure in His hands!! What a great Father we have!
    So thankful to be kin with you through Christ. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why does God call us sheep?

Lessons learned the first 50 years

The call of Fellowship