Lessons learned the first 50 years

Image
I hit a milestone. I turned 50 years old. I am thankful that I don't feel 50.   I am thankful for things God has taught me throughout those 50 years. .  I have learned that God loves mercy and when I feel a sense that justice needs to happen over mercy, all I need to do is remember that I am thankful for when God gives me mercy instead of a just punishment.   (Micah 6:8 8 He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.) ( Luke 6: 36  Be merciful, even as your Father is merciful. ) I have learned that hurt people end up hurting people.   When I am able to see that I didn't hurt them but I am bearing the results of that persons hurt inflicted by other people, it helps me forgive whatever hurt they pushed onto me and move on.  (Romans 12 : 18  If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. )  I have learned that anyone who thinks they have God

Looking for Clues

Olivie', my deaf two year old Papillion-poodle on the left, is watching Dirk, my 10 year old Schnauzer-poodle on the right.  She watches his body language to try to figure out what is going on..and how she should respond.  You can see her looking at me and then... watching his body to see what HER next move should be.     She has done this for some time.   As I AGAIN observed her doing this, I thought this is such a good lesson for women.  We have to know that other women are watching us to see how we respond when our children are hard to parent....when our husbands hurt our feelings.... when we get in a fuss with a neighbor...etc.    We also need to know that we can reinforce bad thoughts in our friends.... even on accident.   If Dirk decided to act inappropriately and jump up, Olivie' would as well.  If Dirk started barking, even though Olivie is deaf... she would do the same.   If Dirk ran to the front door, so would Olivie.  So how does this apply to women?  How do you respond when a friend tells you that her husband hurt her feelings? Do you tell her that her situation is horrible...and how can she possibly stay with him.... OR do you tell her that "Hurt people hurt people" and spur her on to have a spirit of reconciliation?   When she tells you that  parenting is hard...do you say "Yes..  I can't wait until they are out of the house".. or do you say, " Keep pressing on.... you only have a short time to help them grow  into men and women of character".   (This blog is for me, too. )  :)


1 Thess. 5 12 Now we ask you, brothers, to respect those who work hard among you, who are over you in the Lord and who admonish you. 13 Hold them in the highest regard in love because of their work. Live in peace with each other.14 And we urge you, brothers, warn those who are idle, encourage the timid, help the weak, be patient with everyone. 15 Make sure that nobody pays back wrong for wrong, but always try to be kind to each other and to everyone else.
16 Be joyful always; 17 pray continually; 18 give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.
19 Do not put out the Spirit’s fire; 20 do not treat prophecies with contempt. 21 Test everything. Hold on to the good. 22 Avoid every kind of evil.
23 May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 24 The one who calls you is faithful and he will do it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why does God call us sheep?

Lessons learned the first 50 years

The call of Fellowship