Lessons learned the first 50 years

Image
I hit a milestone. I turned 50 years old. I am thankful that I don't feel 50.   I am thankful for things God has taught me throughout those 50 years. .  I have learned that God loves mercy and when I feel a sense that justice needs to happen over mercy, all I need to do is remember that I am thankful for when God gives me mercy instead of a just punishment.   (Micah 6:8 8 He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.) ( Luke 6: 36  Be merciful, even as your Father is merciful. ) I have learned that hurt people end up hurting people.   When I am able to see that I didn't hurt them but I am bearing the results of that persons hurt inflicted by other people, it helps me forgive whatever hurt they pushed onto me and move on.  (Romans 12 : 18  If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. )  I have learned that anyone who thinks they have God

Tadpoles and Pheobe eggs...and laughs in the oddest of places




We went out of town for Easter and when we returned, I saw that my pond had a leak somewhere. I had Russell to brave the spiders that might be lerking near the outlet so that he could unplug the waterfall, because the waterfall is usually the problem...most of the time. This morning I started the task of removing rocks to get down to the liner to see if I could see what the problem actually happened to be. I found it after looking a minute or so. Some critter, likely a chipmunk since a family lives 4 feet away under the pine tree by the waterfall, chewed through the top of the liner allowing water to leak at the top of the waterfall. After fixing the leak, putting more water in, I plugged the pump that controls the waterfall...and started to inspect every inch of the waterfall. To my surprise, I found thousands of tadpoles in the waterfall. I love listening to the spring peepers at night..I imagine these tadpoles are their doing. If the chipmunk hadn't caused a leak, I might have missed that blessing. I saw the phoebe return to its nesting site it used, last year....right under our deck. After spying to make sure the mother wasn't close by, I peeked in. She already has 3 little eggs! Another blessing! Last year, one tried to fledge out too soon. I had to pick it up out of the yard and place it back into the nest. Perhaps this is the one nesting here this year... Finally, John-Michael gave me a laugh in the oddest way. As you know, he has a tumor disorder, neurofibromatosis (NF)- he has tumors on some of his nerve endings. I am constantly trying to get him to eat better as there is no medical treatment. All I know is to try to get as many good vitamins and minerals in him as I can. Well, we were eating dinner with a friend and her 7 children a few nights ago. The mom was giving all of the kids water to drink because with her 7 and my 3....that's a lot of drinks to fix. John-Michael didn't want water. So he says, "Mrs. Lee, may I have orange juice?" She said no...all of the kids are having water. He then says, "Mrs. Lee, orange juice will make my tumor not grow?" Little stinker... He got orange juice. ....
Looking for the blessings,
Rachel

Comments

  1. I'd say John-Michael is "Playing" the hand he was dealt. Funny kid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, John-Michael is a smart kid. I have to fight myself not to baby him. Intellectually, I KNOW I should not baby him, but emotionally...it is hard not to do so...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why does God call us sheep?

Lessons learned the first 50 years

The call of Fellowship