Lessons learned the first 50 years

Image
I hit a milestone. I turned 50 years old. I am thankful that I don't feel 50.   I am thankful for things God has taught me throughout those 50 years. .  I have learned that God loves mercy and when I feel a sense that justice needs to happen over mercy, all I need to do is remember that I am thankful for when God gives me mercy instead of a just punishment.   (Micah 6:8 8 He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.) ( Luke 6: 36  Be merciful, even as your Father is merciful. ) I have learned that hurt people end up hurting people.   When I am able to see that I didn't hurt them but I am bearing the results of that persons hurt inflicted by other people, it helps me forgive whatever hurt they pushed onto me and move on.  (Romans 12 : 18  If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. )  I have learned that anyone who thinks they have God

Looking for the Rainbow...


We had a very memorable Wednesday. I had to have a root canal on a cracked back tooth. At least I was on a pain pill when the rest of the things would happen. :) Noah started running a fever and by 6:00 he was running a pretty good fever. With the sudden on set, we felt confident that he had the flu. Because of his history of pneumonia, we took him to a Children's immediate care, but not before we discovered our basement was flooding. Noah tested positive for the flu and then, at 10:30 at night we began to remove water. As fast as we could shop vac it out, it was coming in. We called our insurance company just to be told that if it is ground water, it wouldn't be covered. It wasn't until we called in the pros with their large vacuum that we discovered that the water ...indeed...was coming in from the outside wall. Ughhhh.!!!! There goes the new kitchen counter tops...and the one room addition we had hoped to do in February. It would take another 15 phone calls or more to find a company able and willing to come help. We called Trotter and they told us it would be February before they could come help. We found a foundation repair/ concrete company that begins today (Saturday)on the repair. I could cry over spilled milk....I mean water. However, I choose to look for the rainbow. If I choose not to...it just makes me sad unnecessarily. I mean...this doesn't effect my family or any other person. It is just stuff. I don't have big connection to my stuff. I do struggle with keeping stuff, just in case I NEED it. Well, this has spurred me to start a donate pile and a trash pile. I figure if I haven't used it in the 5 years we have lived in this house, it is time for it to go. I actually like the extra room it is creating. Also, our concrete and stucco steps have been sinking for as long as we have lived here. No more....they have to remove the steps to dig down to the foundation. Russell has to stand on a ladder to cut the 8 foot bushes in front of the house....no more! We are getting new flooring in part of our basement ...even in my painting room. http://www.scripturepainting.com/ I think I will enjoy selling and painting more in my new improved craft room. The mud will start flying today...big bucks will be spent...but I have so much to be thankful for. Thank you for the meals, the phone calls, the dehumidifiers shared, ...... Love you, friends. Go find your rainbow.

Comments

  1. I'm so sorry this happened to you, but again, you have such a positive outlook! Keep trusting in Him and remember all the promises that are in that rainbow!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why does God call us sheep?

Lessons learned the first 50 years

The call of Fellowship