Lessons learned the first 50 years

Image
I hit a milestone. I turned 50 years old. I am thankful that I don't feel 50.   I am thankful for things God has taught me throughout those 50 years. .  I have learned that God loves mercy and when I feel a sense that justice needs to happen over mercy, all I need to do is remember that I am thankful for when God gives me mercy instead of a just punishment.   (Micah 6:8 8 He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.) ( Luke 6: 36  Be merciful, even as your Father is merciful. ) I have learned that hurt people end up hurting people.   When I am able to see that I didn't hurt them but I am bearing the results of that persons hurt inflicted by other people, it helps me forgive whatever hurt they pushed onto me and move on.  (Romans 12 : 18  If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. )  I have learned that anyone who thinks they have God

Be Relentless!

Relentless- adjective
1.
that does not relentunyieldingly severe, strict, or harsh; unrelenting: (unstoppable, determined)

That's our calling.  We are to relentlessly fight for those who can't fight for themselves. We are to relentlessly pursue  good and hate evil.  We are to relentlessly love the people God places in our lives. We are to relentlessly pursue righteousness for His namesake.  We are to relentlessly assist those in need even when our own need is great.

Lately, life has been especially trying and I would explain ...if it were just my story, but it also involves loved ones around me.   But, it FEELS like giving up would be easier.    That isn't our calling or our example.

Paul, who wrote most of the New testament, was relentless ..... 2 Corinthians 11 shows Paul's relentlessness
Whatever anyone else dares to boast about—I am speaking as a fool—I also dare to boast about. 22 Are they Hebrews? So am I. Are they Israelites? So am I. Are they Abraham’s descendants? So am I. 23 Are they servants of Christ? (I am out of my mind to talk like this.) I am more. I have worked much harder, been in prison more frequently, been flogged more severely, and been exposed to death again and again.24 Five times I received from the Jews the forty lashes minus one.25 Three times I was beaten with rods, once I was pelted with stones,three times I was shipwrecked, I spent a night and a day in the open sea, 26 I have been constantly on the move. I have been in danger from rivers, in danger from bandits, in danger from my fellow Jews, in danger from Gentiles; in danger in the city, in danger in the country, in danger at sea; and in danger from false believers. 27 I have labored and toiled and have often gone without sleep; I have known hunger and thirst and have often gone without food; I have been cold and naked. 28 Besides everything else, I face daily the pressure of my concern for all the churches. 
This week feels like I have been beaten, shipped wrecked, and stoned.... but what do I do about it!
Look at Acts 14... Paul once again...
19 Then some Jews came from Antioch and Iconium and won the crowd over. They stoned Paul and dragged him outside the city, thinking he was dead. 20 But after the disciples had gathered around him, he got up and went back into the city. The next day he and Barnabas left for Derbe. 

Do you get that?  They stoned him.... "DEAD"... drug his body out.... and the next day, he got up and continued His calling on his life.   Now that is relentless!    Go!  You take your victory back! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why does God call us sheep?

Lessons learned the first 50 years

The call of Fellowship