Lessons learned the first 50 years

Image
I hit a milestone. I turned 50 years old. I am thankful that I don't feel 50.   I am thankful for things God has taught me throughout those 50 years. .  I have learned that God loves mercy and when I feel a sense that justice needs to happen over mercy, all I need to do is remember that I am thankful for when God gives me mercy instead of a just punishment.   (Micah 6:8 8 He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.) ( Luke 6: 36  Be merciful, even as your Father is merciful. ) I have learned that hurt people end up hurting people.   When I am able to see that I didn't hurt them but I am bearing the results of that persons hurt inflicted by other people, it helps me forgive whatever hurt they pushed onto me and move on.  (Romans 12 : 18  If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. )  I have learned that anyone who thinks they have God

Faith planted

I planted dozens of caladiums in the early spring.  Even with our lack of rain, they are coming up.  Now, that is faith.  Money invested to buy. Time invested to plant.   Wait...pray... wait and pray... (I can not make them grow..it is in HIS hands)    Faith that nothing will become something.   IT is kind of like time with the LORD.  Time invested... believing HE will change my heart.  Time invested ..believing that Fruit of the Spirit will grow.....


and grow.....


and grow.....


and grow...

and...the hope and prayer is..that fruit I don't even expect.... blessing for my family and others will come because of obedience and God's graciousness towards me...just like these black-eyed Susans by the kids playset.  I didn't plant seed there, but because I had planted seed 30 feet away, the wind blew..the rain came..and now... mature Black-eyed Susans. Faith planted....

Hebrews 11

1 Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. 2 This is what the ancients were commended for.
3 By faith we understand that the universe was formed at God’s command, so that what is seen was not made out of what was visible.

2 Thessalonians 1:2-4


2 Grace and peace to you from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
Thanksgiving and Prayer
3 We ought always to thank God for you, brothers, and rightly so, because your faith is growing more and more, and the love every one of you has for each other is increasing. 4 Therefore, among God’s churches we boast about your perseverance and faith in all the persecutions and trials you are enduring.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why does God call us sheep?

Lessons learned the first 50 years

The call of Fellowship