Lessons learned the first 50 years

Image
I hit a milestone. I turned 50 years old. I am thankful that I don't feel 50.   I am thankful for things God has taught me throughout those 50 years. .  I have learned that God loves mercy and when I feel a sense that justice needs to happen over mercy, all I need to do is remember that I am thankful for when God gives me mercy instead of a just punishment.   (Micah 6:8 8 He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.) ( Luke 6: 36  Be merciful, even as your Father is merciful. ) I have learned that hurt people end up hurting people.   When I am able to see that I didn't hurt them but I am bearing the results of that persons hurt inflicted by other people, it helps me forgive whatever hurt they pushed onto me and move on.  (Romans 12 : 18  If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. )  I have learned that anyone who thinks they have God

Prayers for Norway

Our family grieves for the people of Norway.   We are so sadden when anyone feels they have the right to kill other people...but to act upon it...unbelievable.  It starts with Genesis.  Do we really believe we are made in God's image?  If we are, we all have value...even people you may disagree with...even people that are different from you. ..even people that might wish to harm you....

.  Anders B. Breivik is accused of  gunning down  84 people at a youth camp and causing a bomb that killed another 7 people on Friday. Little is known about him, but Fox news said this....
He writes mostly about what Americans call the cultural war; focused on immigration, demography, identity, and politics in the broader sense," Rustad wrote on the site on Saturday.

"His main enemy is not Muslims, but multiculturalists and what he calls cultural marxists."http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/07/23/gunmans-background-puzzles-police-in-norway/
Love changes people... never violence.  Hate never wins!   So, we pray for the people of Norway..and pray for weak-minded people not to be tricked into conducting evil. 

Some say that this man said he was a conservative Christian.  I say, both are lies!   The Bible is VERY clear!     The Bible says believers must love their enemies and treat them with kindness and goodness .
Matthew 5:43-48  “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor[a] and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I tell you: Love your enemies[b] and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47 And if you greet only your brothers, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.  
Proverbs 24:17-18-17 Do not gloat when your enemy falls; when he stumbles, do not let your heart rejoice, 8 or the LORD will see and disapprove
and turn his wrath away from him.
 Romans 12:19-20 -,Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God’s wrath, for it is written: “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,”[a] says the Lord. 20 On the contrary:
“If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink.

 It is God's place to deal with the enemies of` His people and He will do so at the judgment, and in His own time .

Deuteronomy 32:35- It is mine to avenge; I will repay. In due time their foot will slip; their day of disaster is near and their doom rushes upon them .
Leviticus 19:18- Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against one of your people, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the LORD.


If anyone ever says they are a Christian...yet they kill, you are gaurenteed they are NOT a believer and have no saving faith in Christ.  God is VERY clear.  It is HIS to avenge...not ours... It is HIS to repay..not ours.

Praying for Norway,
Rachel

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why does God call us sheep?

Lessons learned the first 50 years

The call of Fellowship