Lessons learned the first 50 years

Image
I hit a milestone. I turned 50 years old. I am thankful that I don't feel 50.   I am thankful for things God has taught me throughout those 50 years. .  I have learned that God loves mercy and when I feel a sense that justice needs to happen over mercy, all I need to do is remember that I am thankful for when God gives me mercy instead of a just punishment.   (Micah 6:8 8 He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.) ( Luke 6: 36  Be merciful, even as your Father is merciful. ) I have learned that hurt people end up hurting people.   When I am able to see that I didn't hurt them but I am bearing the results of that persons hurt inflicted by other people, it helps me forgive whatever hurt they pushed onto me and move on.  (Romans 12 : 18  If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. )  I have learned that anyone who thinks they have God

John-Michael's surgery is tomorrow/ My weird dream

Tomorrow John-Michael has the surgery to debulk the tumor by his spine and to remove one from his rear end.  Please remember to pray for wisdom and skill for Dr. Joseph Williams.  Pray for John-Michael not to be afraid.  He nearly puked and passed out when he watched his IV be removed a few weeks ago.    Please pray that his nerve isn’t damaged and he maintains complete use of his legs.  Please pray for the cyst inside his spinal cord to dissolve/ disappear.  Please pray for no new tumors to form. Please pray that there is no paralysis from this tumor or future tumors.  Please pray that his pain is minimal.  Please pray for him to keep his trust in God’s goodness, a struggle for me at times.  

Last night, I had another dream.  I think God often speaks to me in dreams because I am just ADHD enough not to listen during the day. J  I dreamt I was at Beth’s house and she said, “ I just saw a water  Moccasin.”  We were in her kitchen..near her living room..not outside..where You MIGHT find that kind of thing in Georgia. Anyway,    I asked her where…and I backed up and looked for some kind of weapon, to protect us both.  Then, I see it and the snake leaps and flies towards my face.  I try to grab it but it bites my arm.  I take my other hand and pry it off of my arm and hold it tightly with my other hand as it struggles, spits, and fights to get free.  I don’t let go of it but yell for Beth to find a container with a lid so we can through it in there and lock it  in, so it can not hurt anyone else.  I can’t find a container or open one   …I have to use all of my strength to keep it from biting me again..from getting loose.   Several minutes pass and I am still squeezing the snake's head as hard as I can.  She brings me a jar and she takes off the lid.  I wonder..is it dead or is it going to strike again?   I drop it in the jar. It is dead and hits the bottom of the jar with a thud.  I wake up from my dream.  Instantly, I ask God, “What was that all about?”.   This is what I felt like He said.  The snake is the devil looking for a time to attack.  If I had had my “armor”  or  a “weapon” ready when I saw the snake,  the snake wouldn’t have bitten me.  I haven’t been in God’s word nearly enough… so  am I  really prepared for tomorrow’s surgery and outcome.?  Next, I had to rely on my friend, Beth, to open the jar.  Sometimes we are just too spiritually weak to do what we need to do to fight Satan on our own.   ...we need our friends.  Those are the two main lessons I came away from.   Finally, if you fight the devil over an area that he constantly seems to attack you on…eventually..God will give you the tools to defeat the devil and be victorious.. but they are TOOLS..we still have to be obedient to use those tools.  So please pray for me to stay grounded in His Word.
Ephesians 6: 10-18 10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. 18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints.

Corrie Ten Boom had said, "Worry empties us from our strength".

Phillipians 4:4-9 Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5 Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
8 Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. 9 Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.

1 Timothy 6:15-God, the blessed and only Ruler, the King of kings and Lord of lords.
Psalm 16:5  LORD, you alone are my portion and my cup; you make my lot secure.

Philippians 4: 11-13. 11 I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. 12 I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. 13 I can do all this through him who gives me strength. (So contentment can be learned)

Comments

  1. Never got around to telling you yet, but I've been praying for you guys. Praising God things went well and that the BB lumps turn out to be nothing more than that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perri..it helps to know we pray for each other, huh? God has us always trusting Him... love to see how HE is working in your families lives, too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why does God call us sheep?

Lessons learned the first 50 years

The call of Fellowship