Lessons learned the first 50 years

Image
I hit a milestone. I turned 50 years old. I am thankful that I don't feel 50.   I am thankful for things God has taught me throughout those 50 years. .  I have learned that God loves mercy and when I feel a sense that justice needs to happen over mercy, all I need to do is remember that I am thankful for when God gives me mercy instead of a just punishment.   (Micah 6:8 8 He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.) ( Luke 6: 36  Be merciful, even as your Father is merciful. ) I have learned that hurt people end up hurting people.   When I am able to see that I didn't hurt them but I am bearing the results of that persons hurt inflicted by other people, it helps me forgive whatever hurt they pushed onto me and move on.  (Romans 12 : 18  If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. )  I have learned that anyone who thinks they have God

John-Michael's surgery went well.

John Michael just got home.
I will just start from the beginning.  He was nervous this morning, so he didn't eat the jello that he was allowed to eat.  He was so pleased that he didn't have to give him a shot.  You see, he got what they called  goofy juice .   It was a medication that REALLY mellowed him out...he was a bit loopy.  He told me that he loved me a google, a google, a google, a google, a google, a google... amount. :)  Next he tried to tell Russell knock knock jokes.. LOL...  They finally took him back and he was in surgery for one and 1/2 hours.    He was in recovery for about 30 minutes.  During that time, Dr. Williams came in to see us.   Dr. Williams said the large plexiform fibroma by his spine was NOT in the muscle yet but was large...he has a manly 4-5 inch incision there. He also took out what we thought was a regular fibroma (looks like a BB under the skin); When he went to take it out, he saw it was actually a new plexiform fibroma. It went into the muscle so he said he had to “Chase it through the Muscle”.   That is the only report I did NOT like...he has about 40 of these little bb's..so I pray that NONE of the others are actually plexiforms... "whole nother ballgame".  
About 20 minutes later, John-Michael was brought to us...still asleep.   When he woke up, he was very nauseous.   ..and his pain was a “10” , according to him...but the NURSES were EXCELLENT...and had him down to a 0 within an hour.   They gave him more Lortab and he puked 30 minutes later.   Then, he took a good one hour nap.   When he woke up...he said his pain was gone and he wanted to go home.   Because of his nausea and a few other things, they were going to let us stay the night...but we opted to come home as we thought he could sleep better..and we knew we would watch him like a hawk.

No pool for 2 weeks... No bath for 10 days... Not even a shower for 48 hours.. .he is most excited about that.  He is also pleased that he has to stay in bed and be still for the next few days.  Well, we do not give them free access to the TV or video games, but we told him ...for his recovery...he gets just that.... :)


During my quiet time, I was reading Psalm 91...I love that I don't have to worry about being faithful.  Psalm 91: 4 says 4 He will cover you with his feathers,
and under his wings you will find refuge;
his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.

Not my faithfulness...thank goodness.. :)


Thank you for praying for him.
Rachel

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why does God call us sheep?

Lessons learned the first 50 years

The call of Fellowship