Lessons learned the first 50 years

Image
I hit a milestone. I turned 50 years old. I am thankful that I don't feel 50.   I am thankful for things God has taught me throughout those 50 years. .  I have learned that God loves mercy and when I feel a sense that justice needs to happen over mercy, all I need to do is remember that I am thankful for when God gives me mercy instead of a just punishment.   (Micah 6:8 8 He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.) ( Luke 6: 36  Be merciful, even as your Father is merciful. ) I have learned that hurt people end up hurting people.   When I am able to see that I didn't hurt them but I am bearing the results of that persons hurt inflicted by other people, it helps me forgive whatever hurt they pushed onto me and move on.  (Romans 12 : 18  If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. )  I have learned that anyone who thinks they have God

Why are we suprised by suffering?

Why do think we, as Christians, shouldn't suffer or   why are we SURPRISED that we  do  suffer?   I know I am put out..when God allows me to suffer.   In case any of you thought I am spiritually-mature...well, that just set you straight... LOL...  Seriously, I often times think..."I am serving you, I am seeking you, I want to please you,...so WHY?"   Why does John-Michael have tumors?   Why do people fight?  Why do my children not do what I have "trained" them to do?    Why do my children still need to be parented? LOL    Why do I have moments of deep grief?    Why has someone opened the gate and caused my mother-in law's westies to run away?   Why do YOU not protect us from these sorrows? 

Is it a sin issue?  Maybe, but I do not know of any  of my unconfessed sin... God knows them all....  But, we know HE uses our sorrows to make us Godly...to look like Christ.  Even Christ, who was sinless, was called a "man of sorrows".   So...why are we surprised that life isn't a bowl of cherries...and  why do we feel compelled as believers to make other believers think that our life is a bowl of cherries!?    This is just a lie..not being real with one another...

Isaiah 53: 3 He was despised and rejected by men, a man of sorrows, and familiar with suffering. Like one from whom men hide their faces  he was despised, and we esteemed him not 

So, what to do,  count it ALL JOY.....  Humbly wait on God.  Pray for His grace and mercy.   TRUST HIS goodness...  Be obedient to do what He tells you to do, and not MORE (then, you are just trying to be a junior -God)...      Ask Him "what do you want me to learn? "    Hope in Him alone!


James 1      1 James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ,
To the twelve tribes scattered among the nations:
Greetings.                                                              Trials and Temptations
2 Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3 because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. 4 Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. 5 If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. 6 But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. 7 That man should not think he will receive anything from the Lord; 8 he is a double-minded man, unstable in all he does.
9 The brother in humble circumstances ought to take pride in his high position. 10 But the one who is rich should take pride in his low position, because he will pass away like a wild flower. 11 For the sun rises with scorching heat and withers the plant; its blossom falls and its beauty is destroyed. In the same way, the rich man will fade away even while he goes about his business.
12 Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.
13 When tempted, no one should say, “God is tempting me.” For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone; 14 but each one is tempted when, by his own evil desire, he is dragged away and enticed. 15 Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death.
16 Don’t be deceived, my dear brothers. 17 Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. 18 He chose to give us birth through the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of all he created.
Listening and Doing
19 My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, 20 for man’s anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires. 21 Therefore, get rid of all moral filth and the evil that is so prevalent and humbly accept the word planted in you, which can save you.
22 Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. 23 Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like a man who looks at his face in a mirror 24 and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like. 25 But the man who looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues to do this, not forgetting what he has heard, but doing it—he will be blessed in what he does.
John-Michael with the missing dogs
26 If anyone considers himself religious and yet does not keep a tight rein on his tongue, he deceives himself and his religion is worthless. 27 Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

Comments

  1. So thankful that Jade and Bonnie were found..reward paid..and they are back home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are absolutely right! We never seem to get the fact that in this life we will "suffer."

    Loved your thoughts on it and thanks for stopping by my blog too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why does God call us sheep?

Lessons learned the first 50 years

The call of Fellowship