Lessons learned the first 50 years

I hit a milestone. I turned 50 years old. I am thankful that I don't feel 50.   I am thankful for things God has taught me throughout those 50 years. . 

I have learned that God loves mercy and when I feel a sense that justice needs to happen over mercy, all I need to do is remember that I am thankful for when God gives me mercy instead of a just punishment.   (Micah 6:8 8He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.) ( Luke 6: 36 Be merciful, even as your Father is merciful. )

I have learned that hurt people end up hurting people.   When I am able to see that I didn't hurt them but I am bearing the results of that persons hurt inflicted by other people, it helps me forgive whatever hurt they pushed onto me and move on.  (Romans 12 :18 If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all.

I have learned that anyone who thinks they have God figured out is truly kidding themselves. We will never fully understand His ways, thoughts and actions, but we still should pursue knowing Him better.   (1 Corinthians 2: 16- For who has understood the mind of the Lord so as to instruct Him? but we have the mind of Christ.)  (Isaiah 55:8-9 "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways, " says the Lord. "For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways," says the Lord.  "For as the heavens are higher than the earth. So are My ways higher than your ways, and My thoughts than your thoughts
 
I have learned that people usually respond kindly with repeated actions of kindness directed to them. Some people are just a hard nut to crack.... keep trying anyway. (Eph 4: 32 Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.) ( 1 JOHN 3: 18 Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.)

I have learned that God's creation is even more incredible and complex that I can grasp.  It keeps me in awe of Him.  (Jeremiah 32: 17 Ah, Sovereign Lord, you have made the heavens and the earth by your great power and outstretched arm. Nothing is too hard for you.)

I have learned that getting old is a blessing. I don't mind the grey hair, wrinkles, and weird things that come with age.  I am thankful for every day ...and year He gives me.  Each day is a gift.  Embrace it as such.  (Isaiah 46:4 4Even to your old age and gray hairs I am he, I am he who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why does God call us sheep?

The call of Fellowship