Lessons learned the first 50 years

Image
I hit a milestone. I turned 50 years old. I am thankful that I don't feel 50.   I am thankful for things God has taught me throughout those 50 years. .  I have learned that God loves mercy and when I feel a sense that justice needs to happen over mercy, all I need to do is remember that I am thankful for when God gives me mercy instead of a just punishment.   (Micah 6:8 8 He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.) ( Luke 6: 36  Be merciful, even as your Father is merciful. ) I have learned that hurt people end up hurting people.   When I am able to see that I didn't hurt them but I am bearing the results of that persons hurt inflicted by other people, it helps me forgive whatever hurt they pushed onto me and move on.  (Romans 12 : 18  If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. )  I have learned that anyone who thinks they have God

What do Americans want..at least this American... for Japan and all other countries

(Russ and I in Russia with our interpreter, Alex)
My heart is so sad for the people of Japan.  I pray that their very strong buildings and their amazing knowledge of earthquakes has caused the loss of life  to be not as high as is thought to be.  I see them as they are...mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers,  and friends.  It is easy to see ourselves in them.

I have only had the opportunity to go to one other country, Russia.  My husband has traveled to England, Russia, Canada, and Australia.  I loved to watch the people of Russia, to see how they were like me.  I love to question my husband about the people, the food, the stores, the lives of the people he came in contact with... in the other countries.

I think that people around the world would be surprised to know what the average American wants for other people in the world.  I want them to have what they need to take care of their families.  ..enough food, clean water, freedom to choose their government leaders, freedom to choose their religion and to have no religion forced on them.  I want all people in the world to be valued. ..women, children, men, the poor, the elderly.  I want all people to be seen as God sees them...as His Creation...of great worth.  I want there to be true peace, protection for those that can not protect themselves.  I want all people to take care of the earth and not willingly do things that harm the earth or animals in it.  I want all people to hear the good news of Jesus and have the choice to believe or not to believe, not because of fear of losing a job, fear of jail, or fear of death.  I want all people to have joy and love in their lives.  I think Americans are seen as selfish and uncaring, and yes, there are some like that.  However, in my 40 years of age, I think that most Americans want most of the things I have listed here for ALL people of the world.  Please join me in praying for the people of Japan and the rest of the world's people that have no one helping them or telling them the truth of their value.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why does God call us sheep?

Lessons learned the first 50 years

The call of Fellowship