Lessons learned the first 50 years

Image
I hit a milestone. I turned 50 years old. I am thankful that I don't feel 50.   I am thankful for things God has taught me throughout those 50 years. .  I have learned that God loves mercy and when I feel a sense that justice needs to happen over mercy, all I need to do is remember that I am thankful for when God gives me mercy instead of a just punishment.   (Micah 6:8 8 He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.) ( Luke 6: 36  Be merciful, even as your Father is merciful. ) I have learned that hurt people end up hurting people.   When I am able to see that I didn't hurt them but I am bearing the results of that persons hurt inflicted by other people, it helps me forgive whatever hurt they pushed onto me and move on.  (Romans 12 : 18  If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. )  I have learned that anyone who thinks they have God

Russell's Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake

Russell requested one gift, a Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake.  I found this recipe on the Cooking Network.  The cake was fabulous!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake
Base • 1/2 (14-ounce) box graham crackers (2 cups crumbs) • 1/2 cup salted peanuts
• 1/2 cup bittersweet chocolate chips • 4 tablespoons soft unsalted butter
Filling: • 2 (8-ounce) bars cream cheese • 3 eggs • 3 egg yolks
• 1 cup superfine sugar • 1/2 cup sour cream • 1 cup creamy peanut butter

Topping: • 1 cup sour cream • 1 cup milk chocolate chips • 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
• 9-inch springform pan
Directions: Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Process the crackers, peanuts, bittersweet chocolate chips, and butter in a food processor. Once it comes together in a clump, turn it into a spring form pan and press into the bottom and up the sides to make the crunchy crust. Put it in the refrigerator while you make the filling.Add all the filling ingredients to a food processor and pulse until it becomes a smooth mixture.Pour and scrape the filling into the crust and bake for 1 hour, checking after 45 minutes. The top, only, should feel set and dry.Take the cheesecakes out of the oven and set aside while you make the topping. Warm the sour cream and milk chocolate with the brown sugar in a small saucepan over a low heat. Gently whisk to blend in the chocolate as it melts, then take the pan off the heat.Spoon and spread the topping very gently over the top of the cheesecake, being as careful as you so as not to break the surface. (Not that anything bad will happen; you'll just have chocolate marbling the cake a bit.) Put it back in the oven for a final 10 minutes. Remove the cake from the oven and cool. Slice and serve. Make Ahead: Make the cheesecake up to 2 days ahead. Cool and chill as directed. Do not cover until completely cold, then cover with a plate or plastic wrap, making sure that the covering does not touch the surface. Unmold and serve as directed in the recipe. This will keep in the refrigerator for up to 4 days total.



My sweet husband with his cheesecake.
Madeline, John-Michael, and Noah...with Daddy (Russell)
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why does God call us sheep?

Lessons learned the first 50 years

The call of Fellowship