Lessons learned the first 50 years

Image
I hit a milestone. I turned 50 years old. I am thankful that I don't feel 50.   I am thankful for things God has taught me throughout those 50 years. .  I have learned that God loves mercy and when I feel a sense that justice needs to happen over mercy, all I need to do is remember that I am thankful for when God gives me mercy instead of a just punishment.   (Micah 6:8 8 He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.) ( Luke 6: 36  Be merciful, even as your Father is merciful. ) I have learned that hurt people end up hurting people.   When I am able to see that I didn't hurt them but I am bearing the results of that persons hurt inflicted by other people, it helps me forgive whatever hurt they pushed onto me and move on.  (Romans 12 : 18  If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. )  I have learned that anyone who thinks they have God

To have a loyal friend...



The above video clip is of a Japanese news crew from Fuji TV that finds a tan and white cocker spaniel who refuses to leave his injured doggie friend. It is a very touching in the aftermath of such a terrible, horrific tragedy. It has been said that the two dogs in the video were both reportedly rescued and are being treated at this time by veterinarians in Mito. You can follow more information about both dogs and other animals being rescued at this Facebook page that was set up by Japan Earthquake Animal and Rescue Support.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Japan-Earthquake-Animal-Rescue-and-Support/207835229228979?ref=ts       Japan Earthquake Animal Rescue and Support

Please do not stop praying for the people of Japan and the other people who are coming to try to help with their care.

Proverbs 17:17  A friend is always loyal, and a brother is born to help in time of need
Proverbs 18:24 There are “friends” who destroy each other, but a real friend sticks closer than a brother
Proverbs 20:6  Many will say they are loyal friends, but who can find one who is truly reliable?

Ecclesiastes 4:9–12  Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed. If one person falls, the other can reach out and help. But someone who falls alone is in real trouble. Likewise, two people lying close together can keep each other warm. But how can one be warm alone? A person standing alone can be attacked and defeated, but two can stand back-to-back and conquer. Three are even better, for a triple-braided cord is not easily broken. (NLT)
John 15:13–15 There is no greater love than to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. You are my friends if you do what I command. I no longer call you slaves, because a master doesn't confide in his slaves. Now you are my friends, since I have told you everything the Father told me. (NLT)

What does the Bible have to say about loyalty and being loyal?



1.Loyalty is unwavering in good times and bad. (Proverbs 17:17)


2.Loyalty is what you do, not what you say. (Matthew 26:33-35 and 26:69-75)


3.Loyalty is in your heart. It is willing and not reluctant. (Psalm 78:8)


4.Loyalty can be demanding. (Exodus 17:8-13)


5.Loyalty may involve sacrifice. (2 Chronicles 11:13-16)

Thanking God for my friends,
Rachel

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why does God call us sheep?

Lessons learned the first 50 years

The call of Fellowship